Has anyone tried windows live for Mobile email

Last Updated:

1. otter

otter Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone tried this:

Windows Live Hotmail | Get Hotmail on Mobile Phone| Email on Mobile

I don't know if it's a different email app or if it would work better than setting my hotmail account w/ droid mail or not? I am hesitant to have the link sent to my phone because I don't want to receive any spam texts, etc.

Right now it's faster just to go to the hotmail website and login there, although I can't view any attachments at all and never could.

Advertisement
  2. jlister37

jlister37 New Member

I would like to view attachments also...is there any email sites that allow you to view them on the droid?

3. otter

Perhaps the windows live mobile link will :). I don't want to be the guinea pig though Lol

4. Ebaneezor

Ebaneezor Well-Known Member

why not just set up a Gmail account and
    forward your Hotmail to it and use the built in gmail app for droid?

5. otter

That's a damn good idea. I'd love to, however I don't think it's possible. I spent 15 minutes looking through hotmail and if it is I couldn't figure it out.

I'd also want to forward my junk email as well, basically the whole account, not just the inbox

6. fireshaper

fireshaper Well-Known Member

Hotmail doesn't let you forward mail to any other address but a hotmail one. Microsucks strikes again!

7. JessSayin

JessSayin Member

Hotmail 2 Gmail made easy:
    Log in to your Windows Live (Hotmail) account, on the upper right corner under your name click on 'Options' then on 'More Options'.
    Under 'Manage your account' click on, 'Forward mail to another e-mail account'
    Enter the account and check the tab for forwarding.
    Done.

Make sure you log into Windows Live Mail at least once a year otherwise it'll think the account is dead and close it. Not to worry, you'll get plenty of warning emails before that happens.

Android...hold it any way you like

8. MahoVader

MahoVader Well-Known Member

Or you could just setup K-9 with all of your accounts :)

9. otter

I saw they changed this w/ the new format. Thanks for posting!

10. otter

K-9?

11. MahoVader

It's a better version of the default mail client (also from the Google open source guys). Just search the market for K-9 Mail (with or without the hyphen). It's the one that only says K-9 Mail, by the K-9 Dog Walkers. Works fine for Hotmail and all of my other accounts, plus, it's free :)

12. snapcase

snapcase Well-Known Member

I just wish ms would make an msn/windows live messenger app for android. All the third party ones suck.

13. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

The nice thing about forwarding all my email accounts to gmail is that I get the push mail effect for all of them that way. Also, I didnt have to change anything on my PC's and still download to outlook. The nice thing was I also did not have to notify anyone of an e-mail change.

14. otter

Thanks. That looks nice. Unfortunately it doesn't load my junk mail

15. MahoVader

Hey Otter, pretty sure you can change the settings for each account to download/show any folders you like. They call them 1st, 2nd class etc. I haven't really messed with that too much though.

16. adostrom

adostrom Well-Known Member

Uhhhhhh... I think I'm missing something. I'm an Outlook user on my PC and I fetch from multiple servers into Outlook. They're all setup to leave the e-mail on the server so I can access my email through the various webmail clients in case I'm on the road... I buy a Droid, install K-9, set it up to fetch from the same servers, while also not deleting from the server. Nothing has changed on my PC, whatsoever -- all my mail is on my PC, all my mail is on my Droid, all my mail is available via webmail clients. Each mail system is separate, has it's own use (work, home, hobby, etc). K-9 mail has both an integrated inbox and separate folders for each account as well as the different class folders mentioned above. This sucks, how?

17. dan man

dan man New Member

I just wish ms would make an msn/windows live messenger app for android. All the third party ones suck.