Has anyone upgraded to the Nexus S under contract and kept their $10 data plan?

1. 02ssmdx

02ssmdx Member

I was wondering if anyone upgraded to the Nexus S and renewed their contract with T-mo and if you were able to keep the $10 unlimited data plan.

I'm currently utilizing the $10 unlimited data plan on my phone and would like to keep it if I upgrade, but wouldn't mind taking advantage of the subsidy if possible.

Thanks for your comments/help.

Advertisement
  2. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

Most likely, they won't let you keep it, but if you're lucky enough to get someone who doesn't really pay attention or doesn't know what he's doing, it's possible they'll miss it.

I really can't say for certain, but I can say that T-Mobile's billing is a bit stupid...Before I got my Nexus S, I switch to their limit time offer 3000 minute family data plan for $149. Somehow, when I got my Nexus S, they decided to charge me for data twice...on BOTH lines.

So normally, the unlimited data should be $20 per line with this special plan. Well, when I got my Nexus they changed it to $30 per line, which was wrong, and then charged an additional $30 per line again, for a total of $120 when it should have been $40. I called them up last month and got it sorted out, but now this month, it's messed up again.

This month, they have the $20 per line data charge right, but they also have two pro rated data charges on both lines, one for the first half of the month and one for the second half, both $15. So they're charging an additional $30 per line for data...AGAIN. It's really starting to piss me off.