1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Has anyone used Google Chrome?Support

1. SuppliedRelic

SuppliedRelic Well-Known Member

I would like to know if anyone has used Chrome on the Rise and if so does it run smoothly?

Advertisement
  2. DannySihapanya

DannySihapanya Well-Known Member

Runs smooth for me.
    SuppliedRelic likes this.
  3. SuppliedRelic

4. jlgarr86

jlgarr86 Well-Known Member

chrome is hands down my fav browser on RiSE
    SuppliedRelic likes this.
  5. SuppliedRelic

Thank you very much sir. :)
  6. dmfw

dmfw Member

I also tried Opera Mini and it works well on the Rise.
  7. jlgarr86

jlgarr86 Well-Known Member

Opera Mini is great and Firefox out performs Crome completely. Especially when it comes to image and page loading.
  8. LightyKD

LightyKD Well-Known Member

Chrome is OK but has no bookmark folders. That alone made me switch back to Dolphin which is more like Chrome on Android than the official Chrome browser.
  9. elisa9047

elisa9047 Member

Chrome works great for me as well.
  10. K Rize

K Rize Well-Known Member

But chrome doesn't support flash player. I think dolphin browser/ beta is king at the moment for the Rize
  11. K Rize

K Rize Well-Known Member

What lib files does chrome need to work?
  12. apgrenus

apgrenus Member

I can't type numbers or symbols on the keyboard while using chrome. I like Chrome but it takes 50 MBs of memory and I like using the defalt browser.
    Sorry my spelling.
  13. RizeAbove

RizeAbove Member

I also use chrome and completely agree with apgrenus. It is a memory and battery hog! however i learned a trick..even tho its annoying if you hold down the fn key as you press the numbers and symbols. it works for me. I tried opera mini. and also tinkered with dolphin and firefox. I always come back to chrome because it does run so smoothly. It easily handles multiple tabs open..and very quick loading when im in a bad signal spot. I will look into dolphin beta as suggested above :)
  14. Petegunns

Petegunns Well-Known Member

Maxathon &/or Boat browser - depending on your needs, both are pretty solid choices.
  15. daffyducknj

daffyducknj Well-Known Member

This is what I use, because of flash player support, and cache to SD. I tried the beta version, but that was too bloated and slow for me. The regular one has just been updated. I also use Opera Mini, particularly when I'm surfing on 3G.

I used Chrome for a few days after activating my Rise, but I actually found it to be much slower than Dolphin beta! I really wanted to like it, but it's too big IMO to be a functional browser. Not to mention, it lacks plugin support.
  16. K Rize

K Rize Well-Known Member

i like dolphin, but i've forund my self using chrome beta https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chrome.beta&feature=md
    the last couple of days, and i must say it has gotten better.

anybody try this in the address bar
    chrome://chrome-urls/
    i changed some settings under key
    and noticed a great diff. in speed
    u can also find browser history, and other settings & functions
    i can't wait to see the next official update features
  17. dibblebill

dibblebill Well-Known Member

I replaced my stock browser with Chrome, as I use it on my a500 and all my computers too! I use it mostly to keep my history and bookmarks synced across 5 devices easily... That being said, it can be laggy. Thanks on the tip on holding down shift/fn in Chrome.