1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General Has anyone used Google Chrome?

1. SuppliedRelic

SuppliedRelic Well-Known Member

I would like to know if anyone has used Google Chrome and if so does it run smoothly on the One V?

Advertisement
  2. los panda

los panda Well-Known Member

i have, it does
  3. jekyll919

jekyll919 Well-Known Member

It does to an extent. There are some minor graphical glitches, especially when using keyboards like SwiftKey.
    hecteezyxd likes this.
  4. RyanSupertramp

RyanSupertramp Well-Known Member

I used it for a few months and switched to Dolphin. Never looked back.:)
  5. los panda

los panda Well-Known Member

recently switched to dolphin, love it. uninstalled chrome, made dolphin my default browser
  6. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar Guide

Did not like it. To unfinished for me. But yes it is smooth.
  7. Ssscrudddy

Ssscrudddy Well-Known Member

8. CuriousNoob

CuriousNoob Well-Known Member

I'll post a APK of the Chrome version that works perfectly with our phone. Latest one(Sept 26) has graphic glitches.
  9. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

Please do not. We do not permit users to re-distribute apps they did not author. This also applies if you tell people that they can PM you for the link. If there are errors with an app, I would suggest you write to the author of the app or leave feedback on the review to post bug reports.
    scary alien likes this.
  10. ejgatt

ejgatt New Member

I am using Google Chrome on my One V. One of the things which I am not liking is that whenever I open Chrome it always load the last page I was browsing. I cannot find the setting where Chrome opens on a blank page.

Besides Chrome, which would be the best browser: Dolphin or Opera?

Thanks
  11. MaeMae_LacedUp

MaeMae_LacedUp New Member

Eh, for My One V... Google Chrome wasn't so great.. :/ It lagged.. It wouldn't load.. So I just went back to the normal browser.. Which isn't so good either..
  12. maggotspawn

maggotspawn Member

13. simonsimons34

simonsimons34 Rom & Kernel Developer Guide

Just checking the rules here since I'm a ROM dev. Does that include Google apps since only Google authors them and you have to flash them on aosp separately for market and such
  14. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken, Google Apps is distributed by Google and thus it would not be a problem.
  15. simonsimons34

simonsimons34 Rom & Kernel Developer Guide

Chrome is too. Gmail is under the gapps package. And gmail is released by the same account as chrome. Just wondering if there was a legality change
  16. ChgoSue

ChgoSue New Member

Have always loved Chrome on my desktop, so I thought it was a no-brainer that it would be ideal on my One V. Boy, was I wrong. Doesn't scroll smoothly, very glitcy, and the text input fields don't seem to get along with the keyboards in either orientation. It was so frustrating that I've just been using the stock browser for now.
  17. lightsleeper23

lightsleeper23 Well-Known Member

try chrome beta. It works smoothly on the one v.