• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has anyone used PDC for repairs?

lamoglinsgal

Android Expert
Jun 23, 2010
Virginia
It's actually PCD. I caught it after I posted. :D www.pcdphones.com

Does anyone know what their turnaround times are like? Good experience? Bad experience?

I called Verizon who sent me to HTC who sent me to PDC for my rebooting/bootloop issue. Verizon can't just swap my handset because I'm under a payment arrangement with them. (Please, no "pay your bill" comments. My husband lost his job and we're playing catch up.)

The whole process just seems weird to me. They told me to send my phone with a note. They didn't take any information from me at all to be expecting my phone.

Never mind. I called VZW back again today and asked them if I had any alternatives because I just was not comfortable sending my phone to these people when they had no record of it coming, none of my information, etc. They are making an exception on my account and sending me a new phone. Should arrive tomorrow! (THANK YOU BIG RED) The CSR also told me that it can take 6 to 12 weeks to get your phone back after sending it to PCD!

Upvote 0
Never mind. I called VZW back again today and asked them if I had any alternatives because I just was not comfortable sending my phone to these people when they had no record of it coming, none of my information, etc. They are making an exception on my account and sending me a new phone. Should arrive tomorrow! (THANK YOU BIG RED) The CSR also told me that it can take 6 to 12 weeks to get your phone back after sending it to PCD!

Good call.. I would have been cautious about sending it out without a record, too. Six to twelve weeks without a phone? That's nuts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones