Has anyone w/GPS probs tried this?

Last Updated:

1. MrTony

MrTony Banned This Topic's Starter

I dicked around with all those BS static settings of "Custom Config" in the SUPL/CP Settings in GPS diag mode and eventually just set "Server FQDN Type" to AUTO Config and it works great!

The server that it automatically came up with was
    h-slp.mnc410.mcc310.pub.3gppnetwork.org
    Port: 7275

I'm not saying it's a viable fix, I'm just asking if anyone else has tried it and gotten good results.
    I wouldn't suggest statically setting this server as I'm thinking it was the best for me based off of my 3G location. Hope anyone who tries this gets good results as well.

Advertisement
  2. ewingr

ewingr Well-Known Member

I'm going to try it tonight. Will let you know.

3. jeremytanner

jeremytanner Well-Known Member

Auto config (stock settings) works for me, but I didn't have GPS problems to start with. I tried the work-arounds in case it would make mine more reliable, but could not lock onto sats using the "fix" method. Maybe it depends on whether you have the GPS problems or not? I dunno.

4. Surfer

Surfer Well-Known Member

Hey, thanks! It locked on quickly and accurately!

5. jmreed97

jmreed97 Well-Known Member

No change for me...

6. jgcalderonperez

jgcalderonperez Active Member

Didnt work here :-(

7. blazeplacid

blazeplacid Well-Known Member

Worked right away!!

I turned on both GPS and wireless carrier

I used Google navigation and it followed me for 3 miles. Then I took a wrong turn and it rerouted very fast

I'm glad I got it to work

maybe if we put our locations??

im in the dallas/fort worth area....texas

8. born_fisherman

born_fisherman Well-Known Member

I got a new phone today. While I was at the store with NEW PHONE in hand, the rep called Samsung. They told the rep to sign into Gmail, then run google maps again.

Bingo - within 5 seconds it found my location and was SPOT ON. Google maps is working phenomenally. Navigation is working 100% better. Didn't have to change any LBS menu settings or turn on/off "use wireless networks" .. just works!

So now I can say that I am TRULY happy with this phone.

9. ewingr

ewingr Well-Known Member

Not sure I understand. Are you saying that they did an upgrade to Google Navigation? Or do you know for sure what they did?

Re: trying the settings mentioned by OP

I couldn't get a hook to a satellite at all. But, I had some other changes in it too. I ended up with settings as per this post, and it hooked up almost immediately, and tracked good.

But I have had that in the past, so I'm not confident that will stay.If you are still having success, I would be glad to give a try to the same settings as you have if you want to post them all.

10. born_fisherman

born_fisherman Well-Known Member

I received a new phone and Google Maps didn't pickup location until I configured my Gmail account on the phone.. Once this was configured, Google maps works fine - picks up my location in seconds and is extremely accurate.

I had Gmail set up on the first phone and GPS never worked.. But for some reason GPS works perfect on the new phone.

11. Gingerbreadman

Gingerbreadman Member

This fix worked well for me. With stock settings I wasn't able to get GPS. With google settings I was able to get it once while driving but not indoors in my house. Then never got it again. With these settings in the OP I was able to get a lock <10 seconds on 4-7 satellites at an accuracy of 16-90 feet (varying over time). Navigation worked well, and I was even able to lock onto 4-5 satellites in my home.