Has anyone with a replacement had this error?Support

Last Updated:

1. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I got my replacement and got it all up and running but I keep getting a notice that says.

Motorola service account error

the Account you are using is associated with another device.
    Please contact customer service to reset the device.

I've called three times now, twice they made me reprogram it and the third time a factory reset. I still get the message. Other than that account error message all is fine.

Anyone?

Advertisement
  2. unknowndroid

unknowndroid Well-Known Member

I have not had that error, but have seen it mentioned a time or two. As it clearly is a Motorola issue, you might want to check out the Motorola Droid X support forum. There are lots of issues posted there, and the Motorola guys seems to actually have answers. If you can't find your issue, I'd suggest starting a thread there, you might very well get a solution.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/google-android/droidx?view=discussions&start=0

3. Piiman

thanks for the tip. I only found one report of it and someone from Moto wanted the guys MEID # but there is no conclusion to the issue in that thread.

It seems like it would be something in VZW computer system to me. It's like it won't let go of the old info. But CS says they see where I replaced the other phone fine it all looks normal to them.

But why would be a Motorola service error? Does the phone call home?

Oh well looks like I'll be on the wait list again. :(

4. gotmydroidx

gotmydroidx Well-Known Member

Replacement phone here and no problems

5. Piiman

well since the post got deleted when the site went down I'll post the conclusion in case anyone else runs into this.

It was caused by Titanium Backup restoring too much data. I had to restore just apps and then restored data to only a few hard to reconfigure apps.

All is good now