has anyones handset swap worked without a problem?

Last Updated:

1. may2700

may2700 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i am getting a new droid on Monday as my gps dose not work on mine anymore and i have read many many post about how when someone swapped out there droid that the apps they purchased didnt transfer over and they had to repurchase them and how nothing at all transferred over to the new phone.

has anyone had a swap go with out any problems? everything transfered to new unit just fine?

was there anything you did to make sure this happened?

repurchasing the apps wont break my bank but why should i have to

Advertisement
  2. GreedyBird

GreedyBird Well-Known Member

From my understanding as long as you activate the phone with the same google account you did before you wont have a problem.

I havent exchanged my phone, but I did a factory reset, and used the wrong gmail when I set it up the second time and the apps had to be purchased again. Luckily I only bought one app before realizing something was wrong. So I did a complete reset AGAIN and this time used the correct gmail account and all my apps were able to be downloaded no problem!

3. Eurosteve

Eurosteve Well-Known Member

I had to swap out my phone (for a refurb) last Saturday. All of my paid apps were available without having to repurchase. The "new" phone is working great so far.

4. may2700

may2700 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

got my replacement today, everything transferred smoothly with one exception. not one of (and i have like 50) my free apps transferred over. not a major deal but took a decent amount of time to re download all of them. shame google dose not track all app that are in your phone.

other than that, so far so good.

5. Eurosteve

Eurosteve Well-Known Member

None of my free apps transferred either. Still reloading them.