• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has anyone's screen actually scratched?

There is no way facial hair caused that. I only shave around once a week (hey.. it dries my face so I hate hate hate to shave) so I always have stubble and my screen has never done that
Hair is a lot harder than people give it credit for. I frequently get skewered on my fingers by it - it actually pushes through my skin like a needle and can easily go up to a 1/4 inch in. I can't say it it is harder than the phone glass though!

Upvote 0
I can't say it it is harder than the phone glass though!

I can. There is something called the Mohs Hardness Scale, which is a way of measure how hard materials are. Fingernails (which are made of the same material, Keratin) have a hardness of 2.5, while Glass ranges from 5-8.
So there is no way hair can scratch glass.

Reactions: waynester
Upvote 0
Hair is a lot harder than people give it credit for. I frequently get skewered on my fingers by it - it actually pushes through my skin like a needle and can easily go up to a 1/4 inch in. I can't say it it is harder than the phone glass though!

i get that under my fingernails.

here i thought that it was my crazy dense asian hair. guess it happens to others. unless you are asian, then our hair is truly crazy dense. i'm surprised my incredible isn't full of holes from talking on the phone w/ my hair jabbing it.

btw, i have kids. i have to use a screen shield and case or my phone would be toast.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones