Has everything already been said?General

Last Updated:

1. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It's been more than 5 months since our Incredibles have been released. Many (if not most) of us have had them since launch day. We've lived through the posts regarding whether the Incredible actually it existed or not, whether it would be released in Vegas or not.

We all wondered what was in the box and if Montana Man was FOS or if he was legit. I still never figured out what was actually in that box or why the fat many threw it in the back of his white Lexus and drove away angry. :confused:
    (BTW if you weren't here during that time it's some funny reading, you know if you have NOTHING better to do --> http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/42916-official-htc-incredible-thread.html)

We've gone through the disappointment of battery life (endless threads), lack of accessories together. I don't even think AA has as much support as this forum has given to these topics. We complained about the lack of Froyo, then we've complained about getting Froyo.

We've solved problems that HTC has created, problems that Verizon has created, problems that HULU has created and yes, even problems that WE'VE created. With 2-3 minutes of searching these forums, you can solve most any problem in the world, well, almost any problem in the world concerning your Incredible.

I say thank you to the Moderators and Guides. You do a great job of keeping this site managed and organized so we can find what we need.

But now, I have to ask, with the number of posts slowing on this forum day by day, have all the questions been answered? Have all the ideas been shared? Even when someone posts a new thread, there are many like it (most of the time).

Oh well, guess there's always episode IV Gingerbread . . . The New Hope. :cool:

Advertisement
    Omega3, sonicdeth, Steven58 and 7 others like this.
  2. pirate943

pirate943 Well-Known Member

im still looking for a way to manually control the level of flash when taking a picture. you could tackle that if you want!

3. Mr.Slave

Mr.Slave Well-Known Member

No Sh1t the flash is too bright ALL the time!

4. taris300

taris300 Well-Known Member

We should all just migrate to the root section, theres always things going on over there.
    Root opens the world to unlimited ideas with your phone

5. Twiz

Twiz Well-Known Member

Wonder if anyone has tried the old "diffuse the light with tissue" trick. My flash is worst at night so I'll try to remember to give that a try later.

6. DevHead

DevHead Well-Known Member

Not yet. I am still looking for a way to limit outgoing calls to only those in my contact list.

7. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

There are a few call block apps in the market that will do that, like Call block Pro/Gold.

8. waynester

waynester Well-Known Member

yep , Ive seen the apps in market for blocking in/out calls.
    as far as flash can be done, (not by me) but look at the new 3 setting flash light app on froyo, so it seems doable

9. Locoman

Locoman Well-Known Member

If your tired of it and you want to get a life and get out of this world go hereTelescope Reviews | Cloudy Nights . Something to do other than fiddle around with a "Phone"!

10. smile44

smile44 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see more about apps. I know there's a general apps section, but talk about apps that us Incredible users can't live without. I know there are threads on that, but updates on newer or updated apps.

11. Mskgreenel

Mskgreenel Well-Known Member

Will Steven58 ever take me to the Macaroni Grill? *checks Incredible for missed calls*....

12. Old Member

Nah, I'm not tired of it. I enjoy coming here and looking for new info. Heck, I'm always up to trying new ROMs when they come out. You know with the advent of Rom Manager, you don't even have to come here or XDA to get ROM's anymore.

There is nothing like this community. For a guy that was completely resistant to the idea of paying an extra $30/mo for a data plan on his phone, coming from an LG Dare, I feel extremely blessed to have found AF.

I haven't gone back to that original thread, the "official HTC Incredible" thread, but I wonder how many of the "major contributors" of that thread still frequent this forum. Whatever happened to NKT, Montana Man, and Kappy? Think about it Woop, Steven58, Nashdroid, TheGoatLantern were just cutting their Android teeth when that thread was opened. I think that thread set the tone for this board.

Here's to another 5-6 months of awesomeness for this board.

Keep this thread on track, I'd love to have it be a place to come and post things we still need and still wonder about our phone.

YamiYaiba, EgoDogg and NightAngel79 like this.
  13. Markus729

Markus729 Well-Known Member

No.

14. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

Head over to the Rom and Root Forums

15. kimf

kimf Active Member

Those were great days!! I was mostly I lurker but I lived on that thread. Such hilarity and excitement and anticipation!

Now that I have my phone set up the way I like it I often think "what now?" But I am always discovering something new it can do, thanks to checking in at this forum every day.

16. ikadakimas

ikadakimas Active Member

I bet most people don't know.. if you have your incredible charging... click on the clock widget and you can see the actual percentage of your battery. Question is, once you unplug your phone the battery indicator goes away. I just noticed this the other day. Grilled cheese anyone? :rolleyes:

17. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Been seeing NKT in the HTC merge section, only one thread over there speculating rumors on that upcoming thread.
    +1 on another 5-6 months of awesomeness here!!

18. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

< Wants to jump ship and get a new phone already!

As for an on-topic post, it may be that we have run out of things to talk about for the phone itself in terms of new features and the like, but this forum still ranks in the top 5(3 even, if I'm not mistaken) in daily posts - even more than phones that are newer. Part of it may be that people are still having issues on a constant basis, part of it is probably the activity in the root forum, and part of it is that we just like to post. Either way, topics are slowing down but the posts have still been consistent. The main difference is that instead of there being alot of posts in the main forum as it was previously when the Incredible first released, most of them are now in the two subforums I mentioned earlier (support and root), which is understandable considering there isn't much to discover.

Old Member likes this.
  19. Old Member

Agreed. It's a different type of reading for me now. Whereas for the first 4 months or so, I lived and died (ok not literally) to see what was found next or what topic was hot for the day. It's now a wonderful resource for me to come to once per day and see if anythings new and move on.

20. BoulderAndroidFan

BoulderAndroidFan Well-Known Member

Interesting thread. I joined Android Forums to learn as much about my original android phone, the Eris, last fall and troubleshoot as issues came up and wanting to find out about the 2.1 upgrade. Then I rooted to try to get more performance and needed to check back almost daily to learn about new ROMs and all the weird issues that come up when rooting. But I upgraded to an Incredible to be satisfied with the performance of a stock phone and not have to check the forum to troubleshoot, which I don't have to nearly as much as when I had my Eris. But I come back mostly, like smile44, to learn about new apps (like BlindType!!!) and any new things I might not've known about. I'm not interested in rooting since it's such a time suck and just like to use my phone without hassles. I'm really happy with the Incredible and think it's an amazing phone/tool.

21. Fine69

Fine69 Well-Known Member

I come here each day to talk to friends and see if there are new accessories for the Incredible or custom docks out there. It also nice to see new apps for it as well. I have been fortunate it is by far the best phone I have owned. I laugh at the blackberry commercials how cool the phone is and I just think wow mine can do that and more alot faster.

jj3699 likes this.
  22. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

If only we still have Steven, lol...

23. jayefef

jayefef Well-Known Member

This.

And this is mostly a place to catch up and mostly check the accessory and root forums if there are new ROMs and what other users think about them. Maybe a new app that's the bee's knees.

Increasingly its a place to rant about whats gone wrong with their Incredibles and someone telling to do a hard reset (your best bet), battery life (it varies depending on widgets and use), using task killers (not necessary).

I've gone quiet but have tried to check back the past few days.

24. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member

it would be interesting to see a chart of "members logged in" over the course of the last 6 months. I wonder how many people stopped coming, or have no need to come right now .... apposed to those who came every 2 seconds at one point lol

And for those of you that love this forum, find it very useful, and come here daily (like me) ... consider going premium!! It shows a great big thanks to all involved, and helps out where it is needed.

consider it ... tell um i sent ya :)

25. Weazol

Weazol Well-Known Member

i have noticed this place slowly dying. Xda is still alive and crazy with new things every day.