• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has everything already been said?

Well from my point of view, there still seems to be new Incredible owners coming to the site weekly looking for help and advice, etc...

I know it is not as "sexy" as the lunacy leading up to the launch of 2.2, but helping those people get up to speed is kinda fun too!

I happen to think that most of the people (not familiar with some of you) who commented on this thread can be a great resource to newbies!!

Upvote 0
I have noticed that as well and it looks like I may be contributing to that now :(
But there just seems to be sooo much more going on over there (probably because I have been there like once)

I rarely post on xda.. that place is like /b, you make a post and 5 minutes later you cant find it.

j/k

I just dont post there because they have enough help over there already. I share what I can here.

Upvote 0
Uh yeah, that and the top 5 most likely responses to a post:

1.) Google is your friend
2.) See the search button in the upper right corner?
3.) Let me Google that for you
4.) Wrong forum
5.) This has been asked a million times

I have honestly never seen those answers on this forum. Thats why I love this place.

Upvote 0
It's been more than 5 months since our Incredibles have been released. Many (if not most) of us have had them since launch day. We've lived through the posts regarding whether the Incredible actually it existed or not, whether it would be released in Vegas or not.

We all wondered what was in the box and if Montana Man was FOS or if he was legit. I still never figured out what was actually in that box or why the fat many threw it in the back of his white Lexus and drove away angry. :thinking:
(BTW if you weren't here during that time it's some funny reading, you know if you have NOTHING better to do --> http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/42916-official-htc-incredible-thread.html)

We've gone through the disappointment of battery life (endless threads), lack of accessories together. I don't even think AA has as much support as this forum has given to these topics. We complained about the lack of Froyo, then we've complained about getting Froyo.

We've solved problems that HTC has created, problems that Verizon has created, problems that HULU has created and yes, even problems that WE'VE created. With 2-3 minutes of searching these forums, you can solve most any problem in the world, well, almost any problem in the world concerning your Incredible.

I say thank you to the Moderators and Guides. You do a great job of keeping this site managed and organized so we can find what we need.

But now, I have to ask, with the number of posts slowing on this forum day by day, have all the questions been answered? Have all the ideas been shared? Even when someone posts a new thread, there are many like it (most of the time).

Oh well, guess there's always episode IV Gingerbread . . . The New Hope. :cool:

It's been a heck of a ride, bro. One heck of a ride. :)

Upvote 0
New Sense is coming out. We can bitch about how we need it on our phones and how HTC is screwing us over if they choose to not put it on the DInc. Then we can bitch about the people bitching about not getting New Sense.

^^+1 lol :D

I think part of the reason why the general discussion is slowing down and the root section is still going strong is those of us that REALLY like our phones have a desire to play with them more and make them more our own have rooted them. The average user can use the search function and find answers to most of their questions now.

Upvote 0
It only lists the desire z and desire hd in the pick your phone field, not even gonna bother signing up... anyone actually try it?
Hmm, does it? I remember reading somewhere that the Incredible was added. Did you make sure you clicked United States as your country? Either that, or the article I was reading jumped the gun. Might be better just going to htcsense.com instead of following my hotlink.

Upvote 0
Hmm, does it? I remember reading somewhere that the Incredible was added. Did you make sure you clicked United States as your country? Either that, or the article I was reading jumped the gun. Might be better just going to htcsense.com instead of following my hotlink.

No I just tried it and clicked the United States, the only phones it lets me try are Desire Z and Desire HD.

Upvote 0

Was about to say no i didn't try it with usa selected but i see bearcat already tried... sucks... hope we get it

Upvote 0
Well, I was talking to my friend about this and I guess this only works if you have the Desire HD ROM ported to your Incredible.

That makes sense. Got no problems with custom roms but imo they are buggy. I flashed my Omnia at least 20 times and it was buggy, but that was mostly because half the shtuff running was made for htc devices. Thats when i figured my next phone would be htc. Only way i trying this (most likely) is if htc makes an incredible version. Buts thats just me

Upvote 0
That makes sense. Got no problems with custom roms but imo they are buggy. I flashed my Omnia at least 20 times and it was buggy, but that was mostly because half the shtuff running was made for htc devices. Thats when i figured my next phone would be htc. Only way i trying this (most likely) is if htc makes an incredible version. Buts thats just me

From what I've heard the latest ROM with New Sense is pretty stable and works just fine with the web site. The only "bug" in it is that the camera doesn't work. Pretty big bug though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones