Has Handcent has stopped my Sync times

Last Updated:

1. paulcooper

paulcooper Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

A while ago I posted that I was not able to get the desire to stop syncing after the allocted peak/off peak times, it was random if it did or did not

after a factory reset and left the phone with stock apps, apart from maps, barcode, calculator everythinghas been fine, i downloaded latest handcent yesterday and guess what, an emal came throught in the middle of the night should not have after 22:00 and it did not sync any after 08:00 i had to goto the settings only to find it was set to manual?

HOW BLOODY STRANGE
    Surely Handcent is not at fault here?
    I am not going to remove it just yet I am goint to try for a few more days

Advertisement
  2. paulcooper

How strange is this, I was watching my phone to see if it would receive an email after 22:00 and nothing came, looked at PC 4 emails 22:10-22:25
    nothing came though - YES

23:36 DING 9 emails came though......
    I have looked at the settings for email and its shows manual for off peak. so how the hell did it deliver those emails when all it was doing was sat there whilst i watch TV
    a number have come since and its not delivered to the phone YET!!

My desire is connected to a windows 2003 exchange server (that I maintain)

Anyone please got any ideas, dont want a ding,ding,ding,ding,ding,ding,ding,ding,ding,ding,ding,ding,ding,ding,ding 15 dings for email notification over night

3. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

What is the time stamp of the email in the header of the senders local time?

4. paulcooper

I bounce up in excitement there nx1977 YES that could be the answer only to realise that it should not make any difference as the phone itself should not be checking for emails off peak when set to manual.
    never had this with any of my other HTC phones, just this one.

5. paulcooper

hmmm interesting again I updated to the latest handcent sms package and my emails are acting all silly for peak/off peaks times again?
    can this really be a coincidence now?

6. bartlet

bartlet Well-Known Member

Sorry - not able to answer your query, but I was wondering where you set the option to only check for new mail between certain hours.

I'm not using the mail app, just the Gmail one so I guess that maybe why I'm not seeing it?

/edit Nevermind, I've found it is related to the mail app only rather than the Gmail one.

7. Surreyuser

Surreyuser Active Member

Have you got it set to 'Refresh on open' in the 'General settings' menu? In which case merely opening the e-mail program will cause it to download e-mails manually.

8. paulcooper

No I have not got the option "Refesh on open".
    I can get an email at 1am when been asleep and not used the phone for hours and it should have stopped at 22:00 I look at the settings and see that it is set to manual for offpeak, yet the mail has come though.
    Because i have looked at the settings at 01:05 the emails will NOT now come though at 08:00 as expected I have to manually change to to push.

is it handcent? I have decided to do a complete restore yet again and not install handcent and so far it has worked fine.
    yesterday put handcent on again and emails came though last night........
    aaaarrrrgggghhhhh getting me annoyed now

9. paulcooper

My HTC ttynII and HTCTouch2 use the same exchange server yet they do not get emails outside of peak time.