Has Samsung acknowledge GPS issues?

Last Updated:

1. thindery

thindery Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has Samsung, the company, even made a statement about GPS issues with their phone? I don't care if some Tech customer service rep in India says they are aware. But what about the company?

Heading to the Captivate, I had heard bad things about Samsung not supporting/updating their devices. Well it sounds like to me they are going the same route right now.

I've heard it is software only issue but then some people aren't entirely sure. In any case, I have a few more weeks to wait and see what Samsung does. But if I don't hear anything, I am going to have to return this device. I'm not going to be stuck with a phone that can't find me on a map, let alone use Google navigation. All the "fixes" don't work.

Can anybody shed some light on what Samsung is saying?

Advertisement
  2. getDange

getDange Well-Known Member

I am in the same boat with you TS, having high hopes to hear something from them within 20 days.

3. radi0chik

radi0chik Well-Known Member

So I found something interesting today... can anyone try to duplicate it?
    My gps has actually been intermittent. If I set it in the window or outside for like 20 minutes, it EVENTUALLY gets a lock. Once it does, I can go into maps, back out, back in and it locks within 20 seconds. BUT - if I turn GPS OFF - as in saving battery? Yeah, then it loses its mind and takes another 20 minutes to lock next time. Regardless of my gps settings.
    Can anyone else duplicate this?

4. thindery

thindery Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have emailed the PR Staff for mobile phones in America. I will see what kind of response I get back.

5. jmreed97

jmreed97 Well-Known Member

Great idea I just emailed them too... Let's bombard them with emails demanding a plan. If you want to email them too their address is: samsungmobilePR@mww.com

6. lilo

lilo Well-Known Member