Has Sense crashing been fixed in ICS?General

1. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Running Gingerbread, part rooted, but looking to go back to stock to get ICS OTA.

Has sense crashing after using the browser been fixed in ICS?

Advertisement
  2. Kruncha

Kruncha Well-Known Member

Mine still does, it's had a couple of updates since the main ICS one, but that problem persists unfortunately.
  3. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Is there any known cause or solution to lessen the amount it crashes?
  4. Kruncha

Using a different launcher is supposed to solve it, but i haven't tried that. The problem seems to be that sense uses a lot of RAM, and is shut down everytime something else needs a lot of RAM. Happens with GPS navigation as well.
  5. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Thanks.

Checking when it did it earlier there seemed to be loads of RAM. My Desire managed to cope just fine with sense.
  6. younger06

younger06 Active Member

What launcher would you recommend??
  7. Kruncha

8. alackman

alackman Well-Known Member

I used go launcher with my desire for over a year. I put it straight on my xe, however, I would now recommend apex or nova for ics loveliness.
  9. younger06

younger06 Active Member

I know this is covered on a different section of the forum but I uninstalled Juice defender(ultimate) yesterday and the phone has not crashed all day.
    I also uninstalled the Hotmail app and un-synced my Gmail email account and am just using the stock mail app for my 2 accounts and the phone seems to be a lot more responsive doing the basic things, like navigating through the stock contacts app. After doing a fair bit of reading,it looks like Battery saving apps cause more problems then the small power savings are worth.

Give it a try!!
  10. 1st_Paladin

1st_Paladin Well-Known Member

nx1977 likes this.
  11. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Sorry to be thick but how do you disable it? I can force stop, but it restarts immediately.