• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has the I-phone past its sell-by date?

colin4unow

May 29, 2010
London UK
Hi All.
I realise I may get a lot flack from this posting but I am only trying to start a stimulating interesting post.

Yes the I-phone was the king of bling the must have gadget and the biggest thing since the invention of the wheel. But now August 2010 you ask anyone about the I-phone and you get the reply yes my granny has one and she has the latest app to automatically count the stitches for her knitting. Or yes my uncle Fred has one and he has some apps to record the times for his racing pigeons and another app to bread his ferrets you see where this is going its not cool any more its lost its bling, it has about as much bling as pigs pudding or a trip to the dentist. Why is this so, well I believe its own success has killed it stone dead, every one has one, its so common and if your honest with yourself you have to agree, that common is not cool.

Well what of the future? I think the next cool thing with phones is the phrase Powered By Android.
Let me explain you ask anyone today about Android and you will get

Hi All.
I realise I may get a lot flack from this posting but I am only trying to start a stimulating interesting post.

Yes the I-phone was the king of bling the must have gadget and the biggest thing since the invention of the wheel. But now August 2010 you ask anyone about the I-phone and you get the reply yes my granny has one and she has the latest app to automatically count the stitches for her knitting. Or yes my uncle Fred has one and he has some apps to record the times for his racing pigeons and another app to bread his ferrets you see where this is going its not cool any more its lost its bling, it has about as much bling as pigs pudding or a trip to the dentist. Why is this so, well I believe its own success has killed it stone dead, every one has one, its so common and if your honest with yourself you have to agree, that common is not cool.

Well what of the future? I think the next cool thing with phones is the phrase Powered By Android.
Let me explain you ask anyone today about Android and you will get

Upvote 0
The thing about android is that it allows oem's to make a phone that's truly unique and interesting.
The phone world is different than the pc world because of the carriers. In the pc world, anyone can put all kinds of beige crap out there and hope someone will buy it. In the phone world there is great competition to make the best so that it would be adopted by the top carriers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones