• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Has the Rebooting Issue Been Fixed?

cyberrico

Jul 23, 2011
I am currently on B, upgraded to C and downgraded to B again where all phases had my phone rebooting about once every couple of hours completely at random regardless of root, apps, usage, etc. I was wondering if D or anything else fixes this problem. Since I haven't seen anything on this I assume that I am behind the times and someone found a solution and I just missed the thread and was unable to find it in a search.

I am currently on B, upgraded to C and downgraded to B again where all phases had my phone rebooting about once every couple of hours completely at random regardless of root, apps, usage, etc. I was wondering if D or anything else fixes this problem. Since I haven't seen anything on this I assume that I am behind the times and someone found a solution and I just missed the thread and was unable to find it in a search.

Ive never have had a reboot issue and never been on C but from seeing what others have said C was just crap and didnt fix anything. From what Ive seen D has been more promising.

Upvote 0
Yeah I happen to never get rebooting issues at all. Maybe once a month. Also on B. Didn't wanna bother going to C. Customers have been complaining to be that C has been doing the same thing. I did have a customer upgrade from A staright to D and it fixed the random reboot problem. Otherwise if it persists, Corporate should be getting more Esteems soon because they've been backordered for a while I even thought it was EOL but it wasn't lol

Upvote 0
My Esteem used to reboot around 3 times a day when it was on B. Didn't bother with C, but updated to D a few weeks ago and haven't had a single reboot since.

Edit- It also improved the hell out of my battery life. I used to have to carry a second battery on me and switch it out literally after 4 hours off the charger. Now I don't even need the second battery at all as my phone lasts all day. I still carry the second battery just in case, though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones