Has the update helped your battery life?General

1. seagraves

seagraves Member

Ive only had my Eris for a few days now. I have learned most everything I needed so far from this site. I see people posting about the patch or update from Dec 11th. I am womdering if it already installed on my phone since I just got it or if I need to have it done. I have Verizon and recieved my phone dec 28th.
    My battery life sucks but I have turned off a few settings to optimize the battery life.

Advertisement
  2. RC Addict

RC Addict Well-Known Member

If it's not on there you will get a pop-up saying an update is available. At least mine did when I got it last week.

To be honest I have not seen an improvement in battery life at all. It is as bad as the Droid was as well. I have my backlight set to 20%, my WiFi and BT off, my GPS off. Everything I can think of but I can't make it 8 hours on a charge.
  3. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

My battery has improved mainly because of the fix to the signal switching. The only time I struggle with battery life is if I'm in a place with a weak signal. It seems to kill my battery quickly.
  4. BigDaddyFromCincinnati

BigDaddyFromCincinnati Well-Known Member

I did see a difference after the update.
    I must also be one of the few people on here that can get almost 2 days on one charge.
    That is also getting work email and gmail pushed to me all day, texting, and searching the web several times a day.
    Even if I use it "hard" I get a full day out of it.
  5. RC Addict

RC Addict Well-Known Member

Dude--you copied my avatar. Not good. There can't be two of me--the world can't take that much evil...
  6. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

You must get full bars almost all of the time. I lived in an area for about six months in which I stared at the tower when I looked out my window. Always full bars and ridiculously long battery life. That changed immediately when I got back to the world of lower signal strength that most of us live in.