Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Last Updated:

1. lxhoot

lxhoot Member This Topic's Starter

I just gotmy evo yesterday and today I turned on to see if the hot spot worked it did! I did not order it when I ordered my evo. I was a bit hesitant and called sprint immediately asking about it. The rep told me it wouldn't work because I told him"my friend accidentally turned on the hot spot. The rep said it would only charge me if I ask to turn it on which in this case I did not ask to. What should I do? Keep using it or no? Remind you I just got my phone yesterday and I just ran the update today

Advertisement
  2. jadoe05

jadoe05 Well-Known Member

It is free until 7/15 i believe.

3. gameday26

gameday26 Well-Known Member

the 15th seems to be that magic froyo date, wouldnt it be free there after anyways :D

4. DarkNeo

DarkNeo Well-Known Member

No, it will be disabled by sprint.

5. jadoe05

Also I doubt we will get froyo that early...

HTC EVO FTW!!!!

6. ibleedbloo

ibleedbloo Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to be an A-hole, but it would help if OPs came up with better titles so many of us could get a sense of what you'd be asking and we could then avoid clicking on the subject. Again, I really am trying not to be a whiner and I know its gonna come across that way and I m gonna get flamed but it gets pretty annoying clicking on posts like this day after day.

7. jadoe05

No flame here. I agree to an extent. If you are on a computer all you have to do is hover the mouse over the link and it should give you a preview of the op's post. That's the best help I can offer.

HTC EVO FTW!!!!

8. lxhoot

lxhoot Member This Topic's Starter

Lol mybad didn't mein to do that :-/ but quick question with froyo will the hit spot be free?

ibleedbloo likes this.
  9. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

and you got this info from were? Last I heard sprint is not disabling the hotspot feature that is included with android 2.2. Besides you can just root and hotspot away all you want.

10. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

And so where did you hear this info from about not disabling it? :p

11. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

LOL you are right! lol were did I hear that....I could swear during the release sprint put out a statement saying they were not going to disable it. But now I can't find the article. I will find it!!!!! lol and post the link hehe.

12. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Actually I think what Sprint said was that they will not Block any Apps that a user can download (i.e. PDANet). it is at their discretion to not enable certain features. I will be shocked if any of the carriers allow the hotspot feature for free.. I mean one can hope but it just doesn't make sense for them to do it. In the past Sprint has always blocked the tethering on smart phones.

http://techcrunch.com/2010/05/20/carriers-will-be-able-to-decide-which-android-phones-have-tethering-and-they-can-charge-for-it/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Techcrunch+%28TechCrunch%29#ixzz0oW5vv1lb

http://www.phonedog.com/2010/05/20/...ide-whether-to-include-tethering-and-hotspot/

http://techblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/05/sprint-says-it-will-allow-pdan.html