• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Has Virgin Mobile blocked the tethering apps?

I am not looking to spend money. Thank you though

Bottom line, there is no feasible way to do it for free (and seriously, if you're balking at spending ten bucks for an awesome app...well, 'nuff said). Besides, you really don't want to connect your phone to your gaming console. You'll use up all of your data in about ten minutes and the overage charges will make a $10 app look free. ;)

Heck, go talk to your neighbors and see if they'll let you glom onto their wifi. Of course then you'd need a repeater, which would cost you money, so...I guess that's also out. :rolleyes:

Good luck.

Actually I have unlimited data on my phone plan so that wouldn't be an issue. I appreciate your advice!;)

Upvote 0
Actually I have unlimited data on my phone plan so that wouldn't be an issue. I appreciate your advice!;)

Unlimited DATA, YES. Unlimited HIGH SPEED DATA, A BIG FAT NO.

If you connect your game console through your cell phone data, that will eat your high speed allotment fairly quickly. Sorry, you need broadband from a cable or other provider to effectively use your game console on the Internet. Or change cell phone providers, and find one that has a ridiculously high throttle limit for high speed data. By that point, you'd be much better off using a dedicated broadband provider at home. It's not really ideal to use a cell phone or mobile device to manage the huge amount of streaming your console would need to take on. Besides, if you did that all of the time, the cell phone provider may pick up on what you're doing, and block your account for abusing the service. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones