Has your incredible replaced your ipod/itouch?General

Last Updated:

1. njoker

njoker Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys i was wondering how many of you guys have replaced your ipod/itouch with your incredible

Advertisement
  2. greenrolaids

greenrolaids Well-Known Member

i replaced my iphone with a handful of other phones and then replaced those phones with the incredible.

does that count?

I have stopped carrying my sandisk mp3 player, unless im going for a run.

3. cuban11182

cuban11182 Well-Known Member

I tried to put all my songs on the Incredible, and they loaded fine, but I didn't like the audio player. I think I'll keep my 32gb 3rd Gen.

4. TheFLCracker

TheFLCracker Member

I replaced a 32gb iPhone 3Gs! Does that count?

5. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

I'd rather see how many people have replaced their iPhone with the Incredible. More of an apples to Apples comparison, as it were. OK, I hear the groaning out there, I couldn't pass that pun up!

6. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

I never had an ipod does that count?

7. njoker

njoker Active Member This Topic's Starter

what app u guys using for the music player? the one it comes with or another app

8. kimf

kimf Active Member

For playing music or movies/videos I still prefer my iPod Touch. I wanted to replace it and pass it on to my kids, but I'm still not happy with how the Incredible handles these 2 functions.

Germwise likes this.
  9. trojanchick99

trojanchick99 Well-Known Member

Not yet. I still use my iPod Touch for music. I eventually want to switch but it will take a while to organize my music and replace the DRM'ed music I have.

10. sontaikle

sontaikle Well-Known Member

I love my iPod Classic too much to replace it with a touch screen device. It's one of the reasons my iPod Touch was never really my primary mp3 player. I primarily use my iPod in my car, so I need physical buttons to change songs without looking.

My Incredible is quickly taking the place of my iPod Touch though.

11. letters

letters Well-Known Member

No way. The ipod is a far better media player.

blake247 likes this.
  12. amarryat

amarryat Well-Known Member

No. But I am probably not the typical iPod user. I have some music on there, use it to watch some videos, but mostly use it to play Scrabble and a few other games, plus surf the web.

It's amazing though after using the Incredible - the iPod keyboard seems antiquated. And the Incredible is soooo much faster.

13. amarryat

I agree at this point. It also sounds better and goes a bit louder - at the gym, I use a headset that doesn't isolate (Sennheiser) and I wish the Incredible's volume could go a bit higher.

14. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

My Moto Droid replaced my Ipod Nano, and now my Incredible replaced my Moto Droid. so yes, my Incredible has replaced my Ipod Nano.

15. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

The Acer music/video player is great, but I can't link it here. It's from the Acer Android phone.

16. DroID RaGE

DroID RaGE Well-Known Member

I have no volume issues and have started using my Incredible instead of my Ipod Itouch. I transferred most of my music over, and even use my phone while cutting the grass (with Sennheiser ear buds). I actually like the music better.

17. Mitch R.

Mitch R. Well-Known Member

Nope, still use the iPod touch.

18. Wordslinger

Wordslinger Well-Known Member

Not yet, but it most likely will, at least for everyday use. I haven't really used my 2G iPod Touch since I bought the Incredible, but that's because the Incredible is the newer toy, and I love Slacker radio, so it's been my main source of music in the car. I'm thinking about buying an extended battery and a 16 gig card to put some music onto. This way I have my core music library with me if I want to take a break from Slacker. And I like the idea of only carrying one device.

I would never get rid of my iPod though. Right now the Android Marketplace can't compete with the App Store, especially when it comes to games. As long as I have an iPod Touch, I have access to the App Store.

19. amarryat

Not to hijack, but I mentioned this in another thread somewhere - I thought that Slacker didn't sound good in the car compared to when I used it with my Blackberry. Bass notes seem to pop rather than thump. Have you noticed this??? I could also tell in the gym with my headset.

Totally agree about the App store - but the Android marketplace is really growing fast, and eventually all those great games and apps vendors will be vending here too! Of course Apple just made it a pita to make portable games with their latest terms, but that's yet another hijack.

20. jasonb1985

i have no volume issues either and sound quality is great. i also have a pair of Sennheiser earbuds, the CX300II's. they get plenty loud on the Incredible and i am actually very happy with how they sound. most of the time i only have it at about 10-12 out of 15 and its pretty damn loud.

21. jasonb1985

when was the last time you used Slacker? prior to a month or two ago the android app had some serious sound quality issues. this has since been resolved and i think it is now the best sounding one out there when compared to Pandora and Last.fm.

22. SingJsong

SingJsong Well-Known Member

I prefer a dedicated music player, hence why I still keep my iPod around for the car.

23. amarryat

Oh I totally agree. But I installed Slacker on my Incredible right after I got it - the day it came out. So my comments are based on the latest version in the market. On the iPod and the Blackberry (latest version), I think it sounds fantastic. I have even hooked my iPod Touch up to my stereo at home and think Slacker sounds great. Maybe it was a fluke that day and I will have to try again on the Incredible.

Edit - this is the thread I had commented in about the sound quality:

http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/66658-sound-quality-loudness-through-headphone-jack.html

24. chris61292

chris61292 Well-Known Member

iPod is better for music. Incredible's music app lags with animations, force closes a bunch, doesnt go loud enough, is a bitch to sync with itunes, and lacks a very easy to use UI. I used iSyncr to sync my itunes library and everything shows up (except for an issue with artists, ~10% of my songs show "unknown artist" even though all the artist details are there... both in itunes and right click -> properties )

25. jasonb1985

i have a totally custom very very good audio system in my car (i won't list all the details here, but trust me, it sounds great) and slacker sounds great on it. i guess i can't call myself an audiophile since i listen to like 99% MP3's (well, high bitrate aac+) but i am obsessed with audio and Slacker suits my needs. Pandora seems hit or miss, some stuff sounds fine, and some stuff can sound pretty awful. i haven't used Last.fm in a while, tried it on my Droid when i first got it and didn't like it.

anyway, as somebody who is pretty obsessed with audio, i find the Incredible to be a good music player. it gets loud and the sound quality seems clean and clear to me. i'm pleased.