Has your poetic bumper held up?Tips

1. jirok

jirok Well-Known Member

Has been like this since the third day[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. runtmms

runtmms Well-Known Member

Mine and my husband's have been fine. It seems like there was a bad batch. Have you contacted them too see if they'll replace it?

-M
  3. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Wow - do you take it off/on a lot?

Mine's fine but I have only taken it off a couple of times to clean the screen / back properly.

I've still not decided to stick with the Poetic bumper as I find the sides restrictive around the screen (especially for moving an icon from one screen to another) and it also collects a load of crap around the inner edges.
  4. karmamule

karmamule Well-Known Member

Their product page on Amazon admits there was a problem with an earlier batch that they have since fixed, and says you should contact customer service for a replacement if you're having this problem.
  5. thebryceee

thebryceee Well-Known Member

That's not specific to Poetic bumper cases, the official nexus⁴ bumpers are like that too. That's why I prefer it naked.
  6. jirok

jirok Well-Known Member

Well crud because that was the only time i took it off and they haven't responded to my email yet
  7. MartinS

Yes, I imagine so.
  8. RaLeX

RaLeX Well-Known Member

Yep... I take my official Bumper off and on a lot and the bottom has a small crack now which makes the silver part separate a bit.

My dilemma is such that I want the protection for setting the phone down, but the bumper makes it too wide to use comfortably one-handed. It just feels like a bigger clunkier phone. But when that bumper is off, it's smooth as hell and feels great. The further away I get from the date I received it the more and more comfortable I get just using it naked.
  9. Gareatron

Gareatron Well-Known Member

Oh man I just got one of these today in the mail. Hope mine doesn't end up like that but it did say on the box that it has a 3 year warranty.
  10. tuukka87

tuukka87 Active Member

got mine today, will see how it holds up.
  11. MartinS

Mine has started to split around the charger port. I'll see how it holds up.

I think the problem is that I keep having to remove it to clear the smeg out of the inside edges.
  12. tuukka87

tuukka87 Active Member

so far so good after 3 days of use.
  13. jirok

jirok Well-Known Member

well they sent me a new one and said they dont want the old one back but once you go naked with this phone its really hard to get into the idea of putting a case on it
  14. Gareatron

Gareatron Well-Known Member

Well mine didn't hold up to long. Mine ripped along the gray edges.
  15. tuukka87

tuukka87 Active Member

almost a week old and nor problems, and I have taken it off multiple times
  16. big_mike

big_mike Well-Known Member

i had the same with a old case mate i contacted them and got a refund. didn't fancy another
  17. lacoste_rocker

lacoste_rocker Well-Known Member

I just got my nexus yesterday I was thinking about ordering this case but now I'll wait until I see how others hold up.
  18. lacoste_rocker

lacoste_rocker Well-Known Member

Well I went ahead ordered it today, I will let everyone know how it works out for me. It should be here on Monday.
  19. runtmms

We've had two in use with no problems. An early black one for nearly a month, and a purple one for about two weeks.
  20. joshua.justice

joshua.justice New Member

Mine did this too
  21. nwpsys

nwpsys Active Member

Mine has also split around the charger socket and I haven't taken it off since I got it. Not built for longevity, that's for sure.

nwpsys
  22. big_mike

put mine on today its fine, if it changes ill shout.
  23. iynCognito

iynCognito Well-Known Member

Mine is the later version which has shown no signs of wear and tear after weeks.
  24. big_mike

how do we know if its a new or older version?
  25. runtmms

I'm basing it on age. Black one was pre-ordered for $6 when they were first announced. The purple one was ordered when the colors became available.