• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help hate to say but these phones are horrible

Thanks for the reply's guys I am going to update the phone and hopefully it will fix it. I am just saying from personal experience from all the android phones I have owned I have had same problems they start working slow and start having bugs after about a month or 2. I have never had a Iphone but most of my friends have them and they love them. I do love the androids for there capabilities and screen sizes but its getting annoying having to check my phone to see if its on or not.

Upvote 0
Another thing is apple was trying to sue android cause they say Android was taking their customer, they are just whinners, and with low prices you can get android phones from different carriers. And like anything else no matter what carrier every phone has a bad batch of phones thats been made, and another thing dont expect a phone to do everything a computer could do.

Upvote 0
Another thing is apple was trying to sue android cause they say Android was taking their customer, they are just whinners, and with low prices you can get android phones from different carriers. And like anything else no matter what carrier every phone has a bad batch of phones thats been made, and another thing dont expect a phone to do everything a computer could do.

can you give me the link of why apple sued android? If theres an article or something. I find that funny lmao xD

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
My Esteem = Zero Problems, except duplicate text messages here and there.

My girlfriends Iphone 4 = Random shut downs and reboots, deletes texts on random, She updated hers and her mom's on the same computer which cause texts to her to go to her mom and her mom texts to her (Oh and I cant forget she spent 6....SIX HOURS on the phone with Apple Support (Their worse then Metro Employees) but still to this day when she calls it says her moms name instead of hers) and it has over heated to the point of shut down at least 3 times.

Upvote 0
so far it has not shut down today so I guess the update did help. But it still is slow. When I am saying slow is when I try to open a app or text it takes a few seconds. Also do u guys have problems with the touch screen when trying to view a website it never puts me where I tap it to. I seen my friends Iphone and whenever he opens a website the phone automatically sizes it to fit the screen perfectly witch I like allot. I am just upset with the phone because it worked so good the first month and then just like all the other androids I had it starts working slow.

Upvote 0
all my apps are on my sd card I did not know it still slows down the phone?

Well this ain't exactly a high end phone. If you don't want a second lag when opening apps get ureself a galaxy nexus or something.
Well they get slower cause of all the cache and data and apps you download. I don't download unnecessary apps. And it stays snappy.

Upvote 0
all my apps are on my sd card I did not know it still slows down the phone?

Unless you are using a quality class 4 microSD card you will have slowdowns. The class of the card has nothing to do with read speed and everything to do with sequential write speeds, i.e. class 10 writes sequentially at 10MB/s, these are best suited for cameras. Class 4 have the fastest random 4k read speeds (afaik, class 6 MAY be faster), this makes a ton of difference when running apps off the card. I would suggest leaving the apps on the internal storage unless you run out of space.

Upvote 0
Unless you are using a quality class 4 microSD card you will have slowdowns. The class of the card has nothing to do with read speed and everything to do with sequential write speeds, i.e. class 10 writes sequentially at 10MB/s, these are best suited for cameras. Class 4 have the fastest random 4k read speeds (afaik, class 6 MAY be faster), this makes a ton of difference when running apps off the card. I would suggest leaving the apps on the internal storage unless you run out of space.

+1 Class 4 or higher is the only ways to go. Anything under 4 should never be used with a phone or camera IMO. 6 is "faster" but not a big enough difference that you'll be able to see if you come from a 4. Go from a class 4 to a 10 and youll see a bit of a difference.

Upvote 0
so far it has not shut down today so I guess the update did help. But it still is slow. When I am saying slow is when I try to open a app or text it takes a few seconds. Also do u guys have problems with the touch screen when trying to view a website it never puts me where I tap it to. I seen my friends Iphone and whenever he opens a website the phone automatically sizes it to fit the screen perfectly witch I like allot. I am just upset with the phone because it worked so good the first month and then just like all the other androids I had it starts working slow.

A few seconds? Really? lol

This is a phone not a computer. Well, it is "kinda" a computer lol :D Granted Anything more than 5 seconds would be considered "slow" but i've never seen any lag when opening apps. Or if there is lag i've never noticed it as being slow per say. Unless it's angry birds, that takes a while to load.

If your ONLY problem is that your apps take a second or two longer to load, I would say you need to be EXTREMELY grateful. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones