Have 2 Dinc's on faimly plan - Girlfriend getting frustrated 1st Smart Phone!!!General

Last Updated:

1. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay everyone, I got 2 of these on pre-order and my experience has been perfect so far. My girl is not so tech-savvy, but uses outlook heavily at work and has access to MS Exchange. So far her MS Exchange experience has been great!! Her second concern is Facebook, she is also a heavy user of that....She used the pre-installed Facebook app to upload about 20 pictures from an outing.

1. She couldn't make a new folder other than what picture folders she had and "mobile uploads." So, is there a way to make new folders from the phone?

2. There was 2 pictures out of about 20 that for some reason would not upload. Is there any advice as to why certain pictures may not u/l to Facebook? We tried the pre-installed Facebook app and Facebook for Sense.

Any advice or questions is appreciated, Thank you very much!!

Advertisement
  2. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Oh and btw, I don't use Facebook so I am not able to compare anything on my phone or experience.

3. The Antagonist

The Antagonist Active Member

For #1, go to the Market and install the Facebook update if you haven't already. On the FB home page, choose photos and all of the albums will show up. Tap menu and there is an option to "Create new".

No idea about #2.

4. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

Sorry I cant help you just tell you this Android Facebook app is a joke
    Hopefully it will eventually be as good as the iphone version which is fantastic

5. russell5

russell5 Well-Known Member

I agree and whats funny is the guy who wrote the iphone stopped developing it becuase of apples approval process.

6. czm2000

czm2000 Well-Known Member

Have het try Bloo. I'm not a "heavier" FB user, but its a decent app and she may like it better. Just be sure and install the free 1.4.4d version.

7. paimon.soror

paimon.soror Well-Known Member

Facebook has recently been updating their page quite heavily (not sure if you noticed but your profile's info page has become more "active"). They also recently made changes to the upload mechanism of their page so I assume that this is the reason why you are having issues with the photos. I havn't really uploaded too many pics yet (about 5 -6 all of which uploaded fine) but when I was on my BBerry and tried uploading pics, everyonce in a while I would hit a batch that would just not upload. Try giving it another shot in a few hours.

The thing that is hard about facebook is that appearantly they keep updating their API and security that it requires the developers to make changes to their apps.

8. Needz_Android

Needz_Android Well-Known Member

Doesn't the android facebook app come pre-installed? if so, where do you download the update? I can't find it, can someone link it?

9. paimon.soror

paimon.soror Well-Known Member

I am not sure there is an update, but you can essentially go to the Market and download it from there, this way it will sync up with your market downloads and notify you when there is an update.

10. jlileikis

jlileikis Member

Yes but it doesn't update.
    So you need to look in the Market and download the app made by Facebook.
    They've updated it recently making it better than the default.