Have a few questions please help...

Last Updated:

1. Roddy

Roddy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded Handcent for SMS. Although I like the Stock better, i just hate that it doesn't notify you while you are on a call.. My question to you is, now that i've downloaded handcent, is there a way to shut off the stock sms? I did the running applications, but when i got a text it appeared to have activated it again..

Same question with Gtalk, why everytime i disconnect it from running applications about 3 hrs laters its back active??

Advertisement
  2. JUSTQUAN2

JUSTQUAN2 Well-Known Member

i didnt stop or shut downthe stock sms. i just removed it from my home screen and so forth.i dont think you can but then again anything is possible. i like handcent better, the pop up works for me the best cause i dislike leaving my browsing to reply to a message.

3. Roddy

Roddy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks Justquan2,

if that's the case then im going to just use the stock sms and allow handcent to notify me when i have a text.. I don't like the popups because i like to stay "private" lol

thanks again.

4. douknownam

douknownam Active Member

I may be misunderstanding your question, but if you want to stop the default message app's notifications.... go to the default message app -->menu-->settings-->uncheck 'Received notification'

I use to get 2 notifications, one from handcent and one from the default message app... now I only get it from handcent (plus, I turned off the handcent pop-up too---that got annoying)

5. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

this is correct.