Have a questionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. tater259

tater259 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I just bought the droid eris yesterday great phone. Came with the 1.5. Should I move to 2.1 ? Heard good and bad with that version so not sure if I should.

Also I left my old phone at home so couldnt get them to move my contacts for me. Got home used bitpim to take old contacts placed them on computer. Then to my gmail account. Synced to the eris. I see all my contacts. But its making me manually enter their names and numbers. I thought the purpose of syncing was to be able to use my contacts soon as it was synced. Is there a way to re-do the entire contacts list so I dont have to go thru the entire list on my phone and manually entering the numbers ? I have 100+ on there so I would like a shortcut. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. cclapper

cclapper Member

I had an Alias prior to the Eris. I loved the VZ Navigator and was severly disappointed that the Eris was not capable of navigation. I upgraded to 2.1 just because it works with Google turn-by-turn navigation and it's a free service.

Really, as far as everything else, I haven't noticed much difference. But that one thing was worth it for me to upgrade.

As far as syncing, if you are syncing with your gmail account contacts, I can't see why you would need to enter anything. I don't really know how to fix it though. Sorry.

3. tater259

Anyone else have that problem syncing from gmail?

4. tater259

another question that could fix this. Sense all my contacts are thru google contacts. How can I change them to my phone contacts without going back thru the google contacts on my phone and manually entering the numbers?

5. tater259

fixed the problem. Dis regard