Have anyone else gotten this problem?

Last Updated:

1. kmthomas2009

kmthomas2009 Member This Topic's Starter

Ok i bought the aria on the 30th and i was happy with the fone, that is until my friends were trying 2 send me pics and i weren't getting them....i get them from people on at&t but not on any other network..and i can send 2 them just fine..so i called at&t and they said it was my fone bcuz i put my sim card in an iphone and my pics were coming threw...so i went 2 the store and exchanged my aria for another and the same thing happened..still no recieving pic messages..so i was wondering have anyone else gotten this problem if so wat did u do 2 resolve it? i've been waiting for the captivate bcuz ima exchange it out and get it..but if i can get my aria 2 work then i wanna keep it

Advertisement
  2. yanney

yanney Member

yeah, my girlfriend tried to send me one and she has verizon and i never got it. dont know what the cause could be.

3. susa

susa Member

Verizon to ATT unable to send MMS has been reported in other forums, no ETA or solution yet

4. xti14

xti14 Active Member

Yea, I got the same problem. Aint that just ridiculous.

5. markj

markj Active Member

I had a friend on Verizon using a Samsung Alias II send me a picture and went through just fine... I'm not sure what the problem is for those who can't receive pictures outside of AT&T.

6. xti14

xti14 Active Member

That's lucky for you. I have no problems with anyone besides sprint. Maybe its that certain phone, or the problem only occurs on some HTC Aria's.

My one friend who does have it will just have to upload to an FTP site using AndFTP.

7. kmthomas2009

I Just Got Bak From At&t store and they did everything they can(troubleshooting)..they even got me a new sim card thinking its the sim card so they sending the problem to htc and the big guy at tech support and i should have an answer...if not bye bye aria and hello captivate!

8. Ambictus

Ambictus Well-Known Member

I am in the boat of not having the problem. Odd how it only affects certain people. The person that sent me the pic had a Blackberry Storm. I wonder if maybe it's a regional thing?

9. kmthomas2009

Idk...I kno when i was on the fone with tech support the guy got snappy with me and was trying 2 say it was verizon issue but i asked him if it was a verizon issue how come when i put my sim n an iphone my pic comes threw...as u can suspect i got the silent treatment 4 a minute :-( lol

10. artvandalay22222

artvandalay22222 Well-Known Member

Yep, same here. My brother tried to send me pics, I got nothing. No text at all.

Grrr, my brother and I send each other at least 5 pics a week.

This is gotta be fixed, I swear I will be raising some hell over this.

11. whitenack

whitenack Well-Known Member

no one has sent me any pics via text, but I can't view any pics via email.

12. kmthomas2009

tech support told me 2 get a different model fone because its the fone so i got the captivate now and its awesome!! and i get pics! :)

13. yanney

yanney Member

must be a phone by phone basis because i get pictures when people send them from a blackberry storm too. my gf has the samsung rogue and i dont get her pictures though.

14. Ambictus

Ambictus Well-Known Member

Interesting... I'll have my father-in-law try his Palm Pre and my mother-in-law try her Samsung whatever it is.

15. artvandalay22222

artvandalay22222 Well-Known Member

They need to fix rhis. I'm so mad

16. bigwavesurfer4

bigwavesurfer4 Member

i used to have this on my droid eris...i don't know if its the same for you, but in order for me to receive pics i had to have internet in order to download them so try being on mobile or wifi when they send it.

17. thejdubb02

thejdubb02 Well-Known Member

It's not just the Aria, there are many causes for this, but we are unsure how to fix it. I run into this at the store on occasion. First things you want to make sure is that the person on the other network hasn't accidentally added you to their block list, in regards to texting, because some phones have that capability.

Second, you need to make sure that there isnt a data block on you line. This should be taken care of since you have a data plan but it has been known to happen even though you have a data plan the data block doesn't automatically fall off.

If there is no data block on your line, thats good, but there could be a data block feature in the family group features as well and that will also keep you from getting mms messages. This feature is usually added when someone on the family plan has decided to block all data to all phones at the same time for various reasons, but they often forget that they did that and blame us for it ;)

Try changing the SIM card as well... been known to fix issues like this as well.

Those are the things I have seen in the store, and have worked in the past... other then that, there have been a few cases where we cannot find a fix. Hopefully yours is not one of them.