have g1 changing plans, how is the droid in comparison?

Last Updated:

1. griffan

griffan Member This Topic's Starter

i have a g1 now and my mom wants to change plans, and since she pays for it i follow her lead, shes looking into verizon and i was wondering if anyone has made the move from g1 to droid, how do they compare? ive seen the droid and messed around with it a bit, the keyboard kills me and i keep hearing about how terrible the camera is. so is it worth the move or should i pull some strings and stay with my g1?

Advertisement
  2. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Well-Known Member

Go with the Droid, Amazing piece of Technology Bar None.

3. DaygosDankest

DaygosDankest Well-Known Member

It's much smoother.

4. griffan

griffan Member This Topic's Starter

good to ehar, ive been watchign and reading reviews and they all point to the g1 being better because of how clunky the droid screen is , and how alot of aps arent compatible with it yet. any g1 ownere care to weigh in on the subject?

5. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Well-Known Member

"How Clunky the Screen is" And where are you hearing this? The Droid is close if not the best phone on the Market Right now.

6. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member

Okay, I don't believe everything you read my friend.. seriously.. I came from a G1 to the droid... I've had the droid for almost a week and I will NEVER EVER EVER GO BACK! and it was rooted too for me! (my G1 which made it faster than stock).

The droid has a 10x faster browser, the homescreen stuff is not a big deal at all especially since 2.1 will fix all of those issues. The camera is pretty good now with the 2.0.1 update and it has flash! soooo much better than the G1. I can go on and on my friend. When you look at the droid, go open the market, hit all applications and scroll down....watch how fast they load and everything compared to the G1! It's insane! It has a much bigger processor, plus the turn by turn gps is incredible!!

Oh, the keyboard, not a big deal at all. At first your like ughh this is hard. But after about a day or so, it's perfectly fine. Plus with how big the screen is (which is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!) the on screen keyboard is veryyyy usable!

JUST SWITCH TO THE DROID! YOU WON'T BE SORRY!! I PROMISE YOU!! :)

7. meekrab

meekrab Well-Known Member

My (ex)girlfriend has a G1 which I've used quite a bit. Don't get me wrong, it's a great phone, but frankly, the droid is better.

All the previous posters hit good points, but I would say the biggest thing is the sheer power of the hardware. As android gains ground in popularity, we're going to see some amazing apps and, particularly, games coming out. Simply put, the droid will be able to handle these new developments far more easily than the G1.

8. kabbie_mcfeely

kabbie_mcfeely Well-Known Member

When you switch to the Droid, dont forget to send me your G1.

I will pay for shipping.