Have I been Motorolled with the Backflip Charger?Support

1. linuxdood

linuxdood Well-Known Member

Like being RickRolled. I had a Moto 9C or something Windows Smartphone years back. Took a mini usb to charge. Just not any mini usb mind you. You needed Motorola's mini usb.

I plugged the backflip into a micro usb wall charger that I had and the battery icon did not change to charging mode. The phone knew something was there. But, the icon did not change and it didn't appear to be charging.

Plugged the moto cable in and no problem.

Not again!?!?

Also, Moto Devs - Please finish up 2.1. I like this phone and want to keep it!

Advertisement
    :
  2. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye VIP Member

I went to Radio Shack and picked up the iGo tip for my backflip and I was able to use the current charger I use for all my other stuff. Also as far as I understand, this micro usb is now the international standard and is on a lot of new (non HTC) phones
  3. I had an old car charger usb for my iphone, and it didn't work when I plugged it into the backflip. But I checked the voltage specs on the motorola one and on the old apple one and they are different. Maybe thats the case?? When I plug it into the usb on a computer it charges just fine. I'm no electrician though.
  4. tae_254

tae_254 Member

My blackberry wall and car charger works fine for my backflip
  5. netter

netter New Member

Is it in the shape of an iPod wall charger but black?
  6. chris3220322

chris3220322 New Member

ya, i have the backflip and the battery life is pitiful... its less than 6 hours, and i dont go online, have background usb, wifi, data usage, or the google compass on... is there any way u guys think i could improve the battery life (i wouldnt mind buying a new battery either) but i just want it to be able to last at least a day...

ive heard u can buy batteries with a higher mAh but i dont want to get one that wont fit in the back since the backflip needs to be able to close...