• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Have I bricked my phone?

happysteveo

Dec 19, 2010
Hi all, I just tried to update my firmware to remove the red text on the boot screen and now I can't get any further than the boot screen.

I can still get in to the bootloader but it won't go any further thna the boot splash.

Could someone help please??

Cheers all.

I think we'll need some more information. What package did you try to load (and what exactly was in it), what procedure, what ROM were you running, what is your current bootloader (I'm assuming you are S-Off).

It could just be something as simple as there being an incompatibility between something in the firmware package and your ROM (e.g. if the firmware included a kernel). While we're here, did you try the simple stuff like wiping cache?

As long as you can still get into the bootloader you are not bricked. However, do not, under any circumstances, revert to S-On if you are running anything other than a stock bootloader.

Upvote 0
I think we'll need some more information. What package did you try to load (and what exactly was in it), what procedure, what ROM were you running, what is your current bootloader (I'm assuming you are S-Off).

It could just be something as simple as there being an incompatibility between something in the firmware package and your ROM (e.g. if the firmware included a kernel). While we're here, did you try the simple stuff like wiping cache?

As long as you can still get into the bootloader you are not bricked. However, do not, under any circumstances, revert to S-On if you are running anything other than a stock bootloader.
Thanks.
I was installing this 14.06.2013 Update: added 1.54.0000 from Base 2.17 Modified

from this page [GUIDE][MOD]Firmware Flashing & Hboots red warning gone - xda-developers

I was trying to do it via adb, running viperom 2.7.
bootloader is 1.44.0000.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones