Have I bricked my tablet?

1. Danelund

Danelund New Member

I fear that I've done the worst possible thing to my tablet that I just recieved today. After recieving it I ofcourse immediately wanted to start playing around and improving it. It came pre-rooted, so I went ahead and downloaded an app to change the screen density from 160 to 140. It starts u, but now it keeps saying "unfortunately, launcher has crashed" and I can't get to the home screen, or start any apps. I can however open settings, and so I did thinking that a reset would fix me up. So I reset (loosing all apps and data on the tablet, but the tablet still starts up and gives me the crash error message.

Is there any way to get past this? Can I reset the LCD Density some other way?

My tablet is a cheap china tablet with

Model: KB901
    Android 4.0.4
    Baseband 1.5
    Kernel 3.0.8+
    lhm@software #186
    Build: nuclear_evg-eng 4.0.4 IMM76D 20121218 test-keys

Advertisement
  2. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Is this what you've got?

9" Android 4.03 With Free Software designing Tablet PC,View Tablet PC Android 4.0,lonshion Product Details from Shenzhen Lonshion Era Digital & Electronic Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

www.sz-lonshion.com
    "Play the fashion and perfect fashion combined" :rolleyes:

Could be an essential system file has been irrevesably damaged or erased, given that it's pre-rooted. Probably would be have to be re-loaded with the original manufacturer's software ROM, and that could be extremely difficult to find, especially as this is an off-brand Chinese device. Might be best to send it back as defective for an exchange or refund.