Have I just wastedSupport

Last Updated: 2013-02-24 11:08:53
  1. ydraiggoch

ydraiggoch New Member

Firstly Hi to everyone! I'm new to the forum, and hopefully I can learn some good stuff off this site!

After much apprehension I decided to put aside the Lap Top and buy a Tablet. I went for the Samsung Note 10.1

However, I am not impressed (so far). My Tablet doesn't even seem to be able to load up Web Pages! Some load ok, however the majority only load half way, and then eventually give a very 'texty' eb page.

My WiFi connection is fine and is 'Very Strong'. The speed is about 4Mb. And I have no problems on my trusty Lap Top.

So does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be???

I would really appreciate your help!

Advertisement
  2. palmtree5

palmtree5 Sunny Vacation Supporter! Moderator

Hi there, welcome to the forums! I'm going to move this to the Note 10.1 forum so others with your device can give better input
  3. Galaxy Tab2 47

Galaxy Tab2 47 Well-Known Member

I don't know the Country your in but maybe check with your internet service provider as to what speed your are getting. If you have WiFi try a site other then your home, see if the sites load faster.
  4. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

1. Reset your router.
    2. Report back, but that reset should fix things.
    3. Tablets are not supposed to replace laptops, but rather compliment them.
  5. raytan

raytan Member

I agree that the issue might be something other than the tablet. I have never had an issue with surfing web sites with either wifi or tethering via bluetooth to my phone. Try going to another wifi source.
    Also try using a different browser than the stock and see if you have the same issue. I currently use Chrome, but I have tried several others. Dolphin is another one that I had used for a while.
  6. ydraiggoch

ydraiggoch New Member

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies!!! Much appreciated!

I have some more info which may help in solving my problem. Firstly, I am in the UK.

What is interesting, is that I just connected to a Neighbours WiFi and guess what........no issues. All the pages load as they should and all images are shown. How strange is this????

Like I have said before, both my Laptops connect to my Wifi without issues. I did try changing my browser on the tablet to Dolphin but this made no difference to the problem.

I am now wondering whether my Router could be too old for the new Tablet? It is over 5 years old now..... (Belkin Wireless g Router)

What do you think?

Cheers
  7. Szadzik

We think that following the advice to reboot the router would be a good start.
  8. ydraiggoch

ydraiggoch New Member

Hi Szadzik,

I should have explained.....I did already try that but to no avail.

I also tried moving my router to the main incoming phone point. Suprisingly, this has increased my connection speed by a whole 3Mb/s. But still the same problem!

So now my connection is faster than my neighbours, and yet still theirs gives better results!!!

Please help!
  9. Szadzik

It has to be your router then.
  10. Suki17

Suki17 Member

+1 yes need to reset your router...
  11. InfernalByte

InfernalByte Well-Known Member

Are you sure your tablet is logging into your router and not another nearby open connection!

Just a thought.
  12. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

Same thought I just had. Currently I'm using a new router and I can always tell when it's jump onto my neighbors SSID even though I am in the same room my router is in.