Have Nokia N900 - thinking of going back to Android

Last Updated:

1. gnasher666

gnasher666 Member This Topic's Starter

No flaming please :D So, I have a Nokia N900 - it's great and so powerful but I must admit I like something that is smooth and easy to use yet still hackable so I think I want to go back to an Android device. I know a few threads ask for advice etc and this one is no different! I want the best of both worlds but would prefer a hardware keyboard, when I say best of both worlds, I want a fast processor and at least as important a device with loads of ram and of course version 2.something of Android. I know my only option currently is the Nexus One (but no hardware keyboard) so I was wondering if there is anything up and coming (or if I should compromise my requirements list) Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

what's wrong with the acer liquid (no keyboard either) or the droid?

3. gnasher666

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Acer is on 1.6 and unconfirmed it's getting 2.xx and only has 256mb ram and the Droid (Milestone where I come from) also only has 256mb ram(?)

With 512mb the Nexus is appealing and hopefully will get the HTC Sense treatmeat via some skilled cooker.

I had a Magic and saw what the limited ram did (it's was the Vodafone one with 198mb ram)

4. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

wouldn't know about the android version, but while i can vouch that 192 megs of ram isn't enough (like on my galaxy), hasn't the nexus one been only using half of its 512 megs so far due to a firmware limitation? and by what i've read, it seems to do just fine with that

also, i haven't seen anyone with the droid/milestone (the droid name has stuck with me even tho' i'm in europe as well) mention any performance issues - quite the opposite

5. gnasher666

With quotes like that you could convince me the Miledroidstone is the way to go :D

(I'm in Australia btw, think the last phone release over here was the Nokia 6110 original)

6. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

whatever phone you buy, there's always gonna be a more powerful one just around the corner

if i was buying a new phone now, i'd prolly go for the nexus one (tho' i like the look of the acer liquid better), but i'm not a fan of physical keyboards - if i was, the droid would be the only (tho' i suppose a good one; apart from its dull looks) choice