have root but nothing works

Last Updated:

1. snake11eyes

snake11eyes Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I followed the video and was saying how easy it was to root, but now I cant do any rooted things. I have the ninja su, but the flashlight and root explorer and wifi tethering wont work. please help

Advertisement
  2. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

Did you do the part that makes it stick?

Also just because it says its a root app doesn't mean it's going to work :eek:
    I never could get wifi tether working. I tried several flashlight apps that didn't work on the Dinc . Matter of fact I thought mine didn't work either becausethe first three root apps I tried didn't work! True story:(

When you run those app do they complain your not rooted? Have you tried to install the unreVoked tool?

Try some more apps if it really isn't working do the root process again.

3. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

you may have done something wrong... bc it should work... has any of the rooted apps aske for SU permissions?

4. tudmf

tudmf Well-Known Member

Yeah, there are some old commands floating around, use the ones included in the txt file described in the ten minute video. Sounds like you guys do NOT have root. Have you tried the recovery reflash?

5. snake11eyes

I dont why it didnt work the first time. I didnt get any errors but i didnt have root. did the steps from the video again and it worked. thanks i have root now. im working on the clockwork mod now.

6. silverxbv2

silverxbv2 Well-Known Member

I had the same problem the first time I rooted. One of the cat commands wouldn't accept when I hit enter. I think it was the second one with superuser in it. I had to root a second time to make it work. Just watch the screen when copy and pasting. Easy to paste something on the wrong line.

7. snake11eyes

That had to be why. I wasnt paying close attention when I was entering the commands. The second time I was watching.