Have RSD Lite...

Last Updated:

1. Haywire

Haywire Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, so now I have RSD Lite installed on my computer, what do I need to do next to root? I thought I had seen something about a driver being needed, but I dunno if I need the 64 or 32 one, I'm on an asus laptop using windows 7.

What's next? I'm on 2.1, but I don't mind going back down to 2.0 if it means I can get this baby rooted..( I shouldn't have undone it lol)

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

3. Haywire

Well I went back to stock 2.01 trying to root, I have an update from this guide Obtaining Root | Root Your Droid and when I try and install it from my sd card i keep getting E:Sinature verification failed Installation aborted. So What am I messing up here do I just have the wrong file downloaded??

4. Haywire

Or maybe not.. Argh. It's still showing me on 2.1. I thought a data wipe would take me back to 2.0??

5. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

No to get back to 2.0.1 you need to install the sbf file with RSD Lite. However if you follow the link that OMJ provided you can get root on stock 2.1 without having to go back to 2.0.1...

6. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

Im walking him through it on gchat

7. Haywire

Yeah, it failed me out.. I have no idea why this wont work, I dont even get a progress at all it just fails right away.. Also, inside rsd the device info never really shows up.. I'm thinking my drivers didnt install right and the droids not showing up in my computer.. How would I fix this?OMJ, I shouldbeback on around 7:30 est or so if your willing to try again then :)