Have ?'s

Last Updated:

1. Sharon

Sharon Member This Topic's Starter

Yesterday I purchased the Vibrant! Had the Mytouch slide, which I hope to sell to make up for some of what I spent on the vibrant.
    I have been busy getting this new phone customized, but I have a few questions. Please bare with me as I really like this phone, but I sometimes look over at the slide and wonder if I may have made a mistake. Here goes.

1. Is the Vibrant not compatible with the bluetooth when it comes to voice dial? If not, is there an app I can d/l for this? I miss my voice dial terribly, as I am a multi-tasker and I need hands free 80% of the day.

2. For those who have Launch Pro Plus, I know you can resize the widgets, but can you do the same with icons? For those of us whose eyes are getting older before our time, I would love to find an app to where I can make the icons larger, so I do not have to wear reading glasses! :)

And for those who switched from the slide to the vibrant, did you stick it out or slide back?

Any advice in customizing would be greatly appreciated

TIA,

Sharon

Advertisement
  2. TuesdayClub

TuesdayClub Well-Known Member

1. I dunno...never use Bluetooth
    2. There is a way (read over at xda) but I'm not sure.

I gave my Slide to my girl--I have NO regrets...The vibrant is better by 1,000%, both for customizing, and developing/hacking. I spent less than 15 minutes debating the phones when I had both--I will never go back to the Slide...My girl loves it, but she loves simplicity and never touches anything electronic in a "naughty" way. I however love to open things up and experiment.

Even simpler: THe Vibrant is just such a better phone (in stock form) than the Slide. Give it a couple of days and you will see. :)

3. TuesdayClub

TuesdayClub Well-Known Member

As for customizing--if you want to remain stock, look into pandahome/openhome/ahome for customized themes (ie. icons/wallpaper/etc. as a package). If you are looking to really get into the phone, look into the One-click-Root and check out several custom Roms.

I keep 3 or so Roms on my SD card just to play around every week by changing them.

4. Big-Dog

Big-Dog Well-Known Member

I use bluetooth with Ford Sync and Sync does the voice recognition. Never had to use the VR on the phone. I have heard Vingo works for VR on the phone, but I have no idea if the voice gets carried through BT to the phone. I kinda think it would.

5. mahgnillig

mahgnillig Active Member

I think the voice dial via Bluetooth is an Android problem, not a Vibrant problem. I had a Windows Mobile based phone a couple of years ago that did voice dial via Bluetooth with no problem. When I switched to Android with a Samsung Behold II I was no longer able to voice dial via Bluetooth. Same with the Vibrant. I think that is one of the features that is supposed to be released with Android 2.2 though, so it might just be a matter of waiting for the update.