Have the Shut-Down Problem. Replace or wait for Froyo?

Last Updated:

1. Aint_Life_Garand

Aint_Life_Garand New Member This Topic's Starter

Ugh,

So I had the dreaded speaker issue first. Tapping the speaker grill, pressing down on it hard, banging the phone judiciously against my palm, etc. did not work. I was outside 30-day return, but luckily there's an AT&T DSC not 15 minutes from me. So I go up there to get a while-u-wait replacement and this new one has the shut down issues! I've read all the threads about possible fixes for it and none have worked.

What is up with this phone?

When it works, it's great. But it is so crippled by these nagging problems.

But like a battered spouse in denial, I'm just not ready to leave yet. :eek:

So what do you think I should do? Tough it out until Froyo or just return it again and hope my 3rd one works as advertised?

I'm thinking of getting another replacement. For one, we don't know yet if Froyo will solve the shut down issue. So I figure if I get one that works, that'll solve that. And if it turns out that Froyo does fix it, the point is moot anyway if I already replaced it with one that works.

What would you do?

Advertisement
  2. bruceinman

bruceinman Active Member

I would just keep returning it until you get a good one.
    My first one had the random shut down issue but my second one has been fine.

3. dgluck

dgluck Member

I ordered 2 phones, one for me and one for my wife. My wife's phone works flawlessly but not my phone. I got 2 random shutdowns during the first 5 days. I have to return my phone for a new one and still waiting for the shipment to arrive. Exchange your phone seems to be a good idea.

4. nickerz95

nickerz95 Member

AT&T doesnt have froyo yet?
    dang..
    uhm, id stick it out till The update is out.