Have to confirm time zone every morningSupport

Last Updated:

1. westbros

westbros Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Android: 2.2
    Network: 3UK
    Task killer: None
    Issue:

For some reason on most mornings since I got my Desire some 12 days ago I get a notification stating that the phone has been unable to confirm my time zone. I get an option to confirm my time zone as BST (GMT +1) and the phone is happy again...until the next morning.

My settings have the phone automatically checking the date and time. The greyed-out "choose time zone" option correctly shows GMT +1 / BST.

I switch my phone to airplane mode overnight, so that I don't download updates unnecessarily...and don't get my sleep disturbed. Could this be the problem?

The strange thing is that this has not happened every morning, although most mornings it has. But my brother who lives in the same house also has a Desire and he has rarely had this problem.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Yes, whenever you come out of airplane mode, as you have set the phone to update the time automatically via the network (and then turned the network off), you will get this.

You could try just turning data network off as I'm not sure, but I think the time is on the GSM signal rather than the data.

if that works, download "Shhh! auto silencer" or "tasker" to put the phone into silent between certain times.

3. LECTER

LECTER Well-Known Member

Exact same thing happens to me and I just wait a minute for it to update and it's good to go again. :)

4. Zaichik

Zaichik Well-Known Member

It also happens if you go into a network blackspot for any length of time. It happens quite often to me during my train journey to work for that reason.

5. westbros

westbros Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I did wonder if it was this. But the strange thing is that it hasn't happened every morning - and my brother (who also also switches to airplane mode overnight) rarely has the problem.

Next time it happens I'll wait and see if the network clears the problem automatically.

Thanks for the replies.