• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Have to download languagepack every time i turn my phone on and off...

haagiboy

Lurker
Feb 15, 2013
Hi!

I had some issues with my phone for quite some time, and I was told to delete something, can't really remember what it was, but the thing I deleted fixed my problem.

Anyways... the problem is, that when I turn my phone off and on again, I don't have any language packs in swiftkey 3 available, I have to manually download them every time! Sooo frustrating!

I have tried to flash different rooms and do a full wipe and so on, nothing has helped...

What can I do?

Specs:
Samsung galaxy s2 GT-I9100
Android:4.2.1
Kernel: 3.0.15-CM-g4dc1e60 (Cyanogenmod)
AOKP 4.2.1

Custom Rom: Resurrection Remix JB v3.1.3

Hi!

I had some issues with my phone for quite some time, and I was told to delete something, can't really remember what it was, but the thing I deleted fixed my problem.

Anyways... the problem is, that when I turn my phone off and on again, I don't have any language packs in swiftkey 3 available, I have to manually download them every time! Sooo frustrating!

I have tried to flash different rooms and do a full wipe and so on, nothing has helped...

What can I do?

Specs:
Samsung galaxy s2 GT-I9100
Android:4.2.1
Kernel: 3.0.15-CM-g4dc1e60 (Cyanogenmod)
AOKP 4.2.1

Custom Rom: Resurrection Remix JB v3.1.3

Welcome, haagiboy!

Some of the functionality of the stock OS is lost or modified by custome ROMs, unfortunately. I'd contact the ROM developer and report that issue (and any others you're experiencing). They do need those reports as they improve and release updates and newer versions of their ROMs.

I'd say that language packs would be one of the things not commonly addressed in most ROMs (well, it used to be that way..perhaps now they're coming around to being more common).

Having said all that, I'm thinking that somebody here will have a remedy for you; after all, if the packs are functional in the custom ROM, the functionality should not be lost upon simple reboot. If I had that issue, I'd leave the device on a lot more. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones