Have to exchange Droid...

Last Updated:

1. alphabets

alphabets Active Member This Topic's Starter

so the volume button on the side is malfunctioning and i need to exchange it 2moro. what will i lose when i transfer to a new droid and put my sd card in the new one? they can transfer my contacts for me so i, not worried about them. but will my apps be ok and what about all my phone settings? any way to save them to the card also and have them work on the new one? thanks.
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. d1pham

d1pham Well-Known Member

If you have autobackup selected your Droid will automatically restore your contacts, applications and settings. You will have to backup or transfer your SD card.

3. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

...but also make sure your gmail account is syncing all items (contacts, mail, calendar) in the phone's main settings menu.

4. mkreitz

mkreitz Member

Where is the autobackup feature listed? I have checked through most of the settings menus and cannot seem to find it...Good to know in the event something happens to my phone.

5. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Go into the phone's settings > Privacy > Back up my settings.

However you must also go to Settings > accounts and make sure your background data and Auto-sync are allowed.

6. Legacystar

Legacystar Well-Known Member

Get mybackup from the market. It will totally backup everything to the sd card. There is a free version of it I have used works awsome

7. 10ACTony

10ACTony New Member

Restores are not trouble free. When you restore the applications you have to "Allow from unknown Sources". Then none of the restored applications show up in the market, hence are not recognized for updates. If the dev could get around that (or maybe someone can tell me a different way to do it) it truly would be awesome..