• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Have unlock code (Captivate)...how to enter it?

emelvee

Lurker
Jan 8, 2011
I have a Captivate, locked to AT&T. I have the unlock code (paid to acquire it...couldn't figure out how to get it through other methods).

Tried to follow the instructions given, but I never come up with a place to enter the code.

I've booted up with no SIM and with an inactive SIM from another carrier, but neither methods bring up an option to enter the code.

Any thoughts?

I have a Captivate, locked to AT&T. I have the unlock code (paid to acquire it...couldn't figure out how to get it through other methods).

Tried to follow the instructions given, but I never come up with a place to enter the code.

I've booted up with no SIM and with an inactive SIM from another carrier, but neither methods bring up an option to enter the code.

Any thoughts?

Any time I've applied an unlock code, I've used an active SIM from another carrier-any reason you're using an inactive SIM?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones