Have we ever found a set of earbuds with inbuilt line control?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Shamrock13

Shamrock13 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm asking exactly what I put in the header. Have we decided on the fact that this phone doesn't support headsets like the Apple earbuds with built in line control? Or is thee a special headset I must get for this particular feature to work?

I'm just wondering as my earbuds cord is ripping so the sound is cutting in and out. If there aren't any earbuds like that, what do you recommend in the 15-20$ field?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. zane!

zane! Well-Known Member

Line control for volume or play/stop/skip functions?

3. Shamrock13

Shamrock13 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hm..... Play/stop/skip and volume. >:D Or any of those assortment. I'm not really fond of bluetooth yet so it has to be wired for me.

4. Aggie12

Aggie12 Well-Known Member

Whenever I use the Apple earbuds and click any of the buttons it will play/pause

5. ifly61ce

ifly61ce Active Member

I use Shure SE420s they have a volume control you can add in-line, comes standard. They are not in the $15-20 range though.

6. zane!

zane! Well-Known Member

7. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Well-Known Member

Now my question is.. do the other functions work?
    I tried the ones from my Nexus and all of the buttons pause the player.
    I keep reading conflicting stories about whether or not the X has the capability of doing the other functions.

8. eulerphi8

eulerphi8 Well-Known Member

I think the short answer is no. I've tried a few different headphones all with in-line mic and player controls and none of them worked except to play/pause. Granted they were basically all made for apple products, but given that that's about all there is out there right now, I don't see this being a function of the headphones but of the phone itself. I've heard the HTC phones with Sense can use all the buttons, but I'm not sure if that's something baked into the hardware, the kernel, or the ROM itself, in which case it could be ported.

This is actually one of the most frustrating things about the Droid X. I would really like options for my headphones instead of just the Verizon ones since I do care about audio quality.

See previous thread: http://androidforums.com/droid-x-accessories/129113-apple-ear-headphones-remote-mic.html