• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Have You Canceled Your Land Line

I guess I'm the old guy here. It's been 26 years since I purchased my first car phone (they weren’t called cell phones back then). I dropped my land line within five years of that; can’t remember he exact year. My first cell phone by Audiovox, was called a transportable and looked like some military briefcase thing that I carried by an over the shoulder strap. It was transportable, because I could remove the transceiver and hand set, and mount them in my car to use as a car phone. The unit cost $1,700, weighed 14.5 lbs, and my average monthly bill was around $550. I know $550 sounds high, but in today’s dollars that would be $1,120 per month. You won’t find me complaining about a $29.99 data plan. It makes me laugh when people complain because they drop the occasional call, or how bad AT&T service is. I remember there were days I was hoping the wind was blowing in the right direction so I could make a call.…. LOL I love my Incredible!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones