• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Have you dowloaded the 1.5 ROM yet?

this might be a stupid question but what can I do with rooted 2.1? I get the basic idea that you have special permissions / access to restricted files and whatnot but for someone like me who isn't going to do any programming what can I do? Do i just need to wait for people to develop apps for rooted phones?

There are apps not available in the normal Market. There's no filter on them since you download whatever you want. You can change processor speed, remove unused applications that you normally can't because VZW won't let you.

Right now, in my opinion, it's not worth rooting since most of the developers that will make it worthwhile are running 2.1, which is not rooted yet. So until they're back in the scene, it's going to be very slim pickings.

Reactions: MrBojenglz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones