Have you ever gotten mad/annoyed with a Sprint rep in person?General

Last Updated:

1. Ms_Kady

Ms_Kady Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I did for the first time today and now I feel kinda bad. :eek:

Advertisement
  2. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Oh ho ho ho, don't get me started on this subject... I might make a post tomorrow on this, it's almost midnight already and I have to get up at six...that and I no longer have a computer and have been posting from my phone for the past two weeks. It'll take me a god twenty minutes or more to unleash my true rage on this subject.

3. cosine83

cosine83 Well-Known Member

Repost from a forum post over at SDX:

Her (leather bound, tan, 35+, easy): "So what's wrong with your phone?"
    Me: "I think it's one of two problems - either the circuit is degrading or the wire for the screen is loose. It's distorting the colors on my screen and I don't like that."
    Her: "That's all? Just a little change in color? It's just a cell phone it doesn't need to be perfect"

Note, she has a Moment sitting right next to her and she's douching it up with an ugly BT headset in her ear. At this point I'm just kind of annoyed at this lady. See, since I'm colorblind, the shift in hue and saturation really stands out to me whereas to a normal person it's not as bad. She described the color change as "...turns ever so slightly a different color." On darker colors it really stands out. So, I reiterate my problem and actually show her what's up.

Her: "Wow you're so smart! You seem to know a lot about phones and stuff."
    Me: "I work in IT, it's my job to know."
    Her: "Wow!"
    Me: ":-/ [please stop talking to me]"

Not 30 minutes later (more or less, I brought my DS with me to play while I waited) she comes back out with my phone because apparently I amazed her so much with my stunning display of knowledge and description of my phone's problem that she rushed my ticket to the techs immediately.

Her: "Wow! You got it right on the money! It was a loose connection on the wire and some of it looks bad. You'll have a new phone on Tuesday! By the way, since I have your number I'll just call you if I have phone problems. You know more about that phone than the techs!"
    Me: ":-/ Thanks... [don't call me please, die in a fire]"

4. MATTCH

MATTCH Active Member

Speaking of this I joined the club and thought to myself "all these techs can't be clueless." Low and behold I was at a Sprint store today and asked a tech when 2.1 may be released for the moment and even said "if you don't know its fine, I know there's been a lot of confusion on its release date."

He then opened his hand as if to take my phone and said "you haven't got it already? Give me your phone and ill do it right now. It might wipe your memory though"

Of course I didn't give him my phone and started to get myself out of that mess by saying "I think you're thinking of CL14, that's fine ill just wait till its announced."

He then whispered some stuff to a few other techs and asked if I wanted 2.0.1 because "2 to 3 people had been getting it for the Moment a day." And he said "so I don't know if you want me to just give you that one for now, unless you wanna wait for the newest one. Its up to you." But by then I was already on my way out.

Just had to share before I crash for the night. You'd think if your job was about phones, you'd at least check on forums like ours to know wtf is going on. Night guys.

5. cosine83

cosine83 Well-Known Member

Common sense does not run high with people.

6. NOMster

NOMster Well-Known Member

I had a sprint rep argue with me that the sprint phs300 (cradlepoint) doesn't have firmware to update because its a dumb device. I tried to direcct him to sprints website where it shows the available update and explains how to do it but then I gave up. This was the same guy who told me you can't activate a u300 on a non 4g plan after I had been running it that way for a month.