Have you ever worked in a haunted house?

Last Updated:

1. Storm613

Storm613 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I was at a haunted house the other night and was thinking how awesome it would be to work at one... Getting paid to scare people... It's a win-win situation...

So I'm considering auditioning for next year... I have some acting experience so I think I might have a chance.. but does anyone know what it's like to audition for a haunted house? What do you do? Scream?

Advertisement
  2. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Nah... most of the time, the people who host that stuff have people they know running everything. Kind of a get-to-know job. I'm sure if you can scare the living piss out of one of them (people running the show) they'd be more than happy to let you spook some people. ;D

...just don't make it creepy...like... stalker creepy. Keep it creepy though..... oh god I hope you don't go get shot or arrested or something... lol

3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

My kid brother worked at the Busch Gardens haunted houses 2 years ago and said it was a blast.

I you have any specific questions other than the ones above I can ask him for you. I'll ask him about the above questions later.

4. Isthmus

Isthmus Well-Known Member

I've always found haunted houses to be more annoying than scary. I, mean, you go in knowing that it's a show, that you won't get hurt, that no one will really do anything to you, and that all you will experience is fake blood and rubber costumes. Other than perhaps being startled when someone jumps at you, I find them more annoying than anything.

Now the more challenging roller coasters can really be a wonderful mix of fear and exhilaration.

5. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

Not true, I went to a haunted house put on by a local fire department before. I guess I was walking faster then staff intended, some guy jumped out of closet, closet door hit me in the face broke my nose...

But ya overall I am not the kinda person to really understand a haunted house either, its just like a scary movie, you know startling things are going to happen. Now imagine going to see some chick flick and the little boy from The Grudge randomly appears, that would be good.

6. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

I did and it was freaking awesome. I made so many "tough guys" (people I knew) literally cry, scream, run, and more because I got to man a hidden trap door I'd pop out of and follow them. It was hilarious. It was also very, very hot.

7. Storm613

Storm613 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sounds like such a blast! was there an audition process or did they just hire?

8. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

It was a volunteer haunted house for charity. There was a screening process though.