have you gotten a replacement X from verizon??

Last Updated:

1. ucla2042

ucla2042 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so i got a replacement because my screen was turning yellow. i figure its such a headache to start from scratch and recustomize my phone. for my troubles i want to keep the battery and ship back my old phone without one. basically my question is, do i have to ship back EVERYTHING? do you think verizon will charge me if i keep the battery?

Advertisement
  2. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

Seriously? Yes you have to send back your battery.

3. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Well-Known Member

Its only an issue if you get caught. I would send it back. But that's just me. Good luck.

4. meezi

meezi Well-Known Member

^Yep, if you get caught...

Note they'll charge you retail cost which will be much more than you buying a new battery yourself. I knew someone who tried to do that in the past.

5. unknowndroid

unknowndroid Well-Known Member

I received 2 replacements just this week. The X I got on release day started locking up and requiring a battery pull to even boot again. After a factory reset, with no additional apps installed, the issue continued. Went to store on Friday, got replacement overnighted and received on Monday. The one they sent on Monday would not connect to Google. Had 3g for everything else, but could not add a Google account. Went into store and 3 different people played for over an hour and could not get it to work. Soooo they overnighted me a replacement for the replacement, which I got on Tuesday. In both cases, they sent a X with no battery and no back. It is how they send the Refurbs, or new phones, if they don't have any refurbs yet, like now.

If you are having a replacement shipped, you'll definitely be keeping the battery, because they don't send one. You won't end up with an extra though. If they gave you a replacement in the store, I'm assuming they would keep the defective phone right then, Either way, you're not getting an extra battery "for your troubles"

6. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

if its new you are required to send back the battery. if its a refurb it will not come with one. in which case, obviously you will have to keep your old one.

7. androy

androy Well-Known Member

Yes!

X1 had a dead pixel
    X2 had the infamous speaker buzz
    X3 verizon sent me a refurb and I refused it.
    X4 I will be receiving on the 23rd..

I'm using the X1 now in the mean time.

And I returned my Incredible for the X when it came out because of bad call quality. And returned a replacement Incredible that was canceled and was never supposed to be shipped to me . I've been flipping phones with Verizon since 4/29.

So far I've received a $25 gift card and a $30 credit towards my bill.

The X is an awesome phone and worth all of this insanity. Hopefully X4 is flawless, otherwise I might just stick with my original X with the dead pixel.

Wait, I just read your topic and didnt really read your post. My post doesn't really have anything to do with your questions.. lol. oh well.

8. 89mclarenstang

89mclarenstang New Member

how do yo know that you received a refurb and not a new one? was it obvious or did it state that it was a refurb on the box?

9. tdse

tdse Well-Known Member

I got my original X on the 15th, it died on the 19th, and they sent a replacement to me (which I received on the 27th). The new phone came *exactly* as the old one did - Droid box, all paperwork, battery, charger, everything included -- brand spanking new phone.

If you are within your 30 day window, you should be getting a new phone, and I would complain fiercely if you do not.

And yes, you should return the old battery. At least I would. It's not worth what it could potentially cost you.