• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help have you installed launchers and/or widget lockers?

lopro

Nov 25, 2010
If you've installed any other launcher or lock screen apps, please fill me in on which one(s) & what advantages you get from them.

I'm searching for easy ways to change settings (wi-fi, bluetooth, 3g/4g, airplane mode, etc.) and I'm also looking for efficient ways to see my battery % indicator. I don't like how a lot of the widgets take up so much space on the home screens.

Thanks

i am using the widget locker LOVE IT. i can customize the lock screen. It did take me a while to figure out. :p

For battery use the stock one. Under widget, get more widgets. Download that one. I seem to like that one for now. Then again batterminder sounds cool. LOL

I use Widget Locker as well and have Beautiful Toggle Widgets Blue Tooth, WiFi, Vibrate, and Silence on my lock screen as well as the BW Small home screen. You can choose to have weather animations as well when you unlock.

For my battery, I have "Battery Status" app which is pretty cool and is located in the status bar. You can customize your battery indicator. I have a circle icon with a black background.

I run Launcher Pro as well and love the customizable dock.

Upvote 0
I run ADW, amd love it. Extremely customizable and just much better than the stock and there are tons of themes out for it. Most are pay for themes but you can find some really good free ones. I currently have the Fluxed Theme and it comes with new icons for almost every icon in the market.

I also use the Battstatt widget for my battery percentage as well as a customized battery indicator in my status bar which you can find on the XDA website, mine came with the Iced Glacier ROM however. Go through this thread Show us your Home Screen! - xda-developers
You will find tons of different widgets and home screen replacements.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones