Have you ordered a case for your N1 yet?

Last Updated:

1. 1080p

1080p Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. androidtx

androidtx Well-Known Member

no, I don't use cases or screen protectors, I like to use the phone as it was designed.

3. darrinaltman

darrinaltman Well-Known Member

+1

4. pips

pips Member

I have that case and like it. It's not bulky or sticky when putting into a pocket like some gel cases. Nice slim fit.

5. rookie1082

rookie1082 Well-Known Member

I ordered a best skins ever and a skinomi screen protector incase I don't like the way the bse looks.

Wanted to hold off for the Martin fields screen protector but I couldn't wait!

6. FreshPrince

FreshPrince Well-Known Member

Is Incase going to produce something similar to the iPhone's Incase Slider for this phone?

7. 1080p

1080p Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

But after what I mentioned in this thread, I am not taking any more chances.

8. 3rd-Geer

3rd-Geer Well-Known Member

Cases are wack and make your phone bulky. I'm just careful...it's in my chest pocket, front pants pocket, or in my hands! Safest places in the world!

9. jcmtyler

jcmtyler Well-Known Member

I just ordered an Amzer skin from fommy.com (http://www.fommy.com/view-full-page...oogle+Nexus+One+PB99100&cat=Cases&skuno=86560), which should hopefully get here by the end of this week. I've had similar cases for my BlackBerries (8100, 8310, 8900) and always appreciated their grip and protection. I love the looks and feel of the N1 (as I did the BB 8900), but I'm always afraid it's going to slide off some hard surface onto an even harder surface and so want to avoid that possibility :)

I typically carry my phone in my back pocket and have never had an issue with the case/skin feeling bulky or awkward. Then again, I've also never tried any of the hard "crystal" snap-on cases.

10. choffy21

choffy21 Well-Known Member

Ghost Armor is all I ever consider putting on phones.

11. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I may look at the Invisible Shield from Zagg when it is released. No real extra bulk with these.

12. FreshPrince

FreshPrince Well-Known Member

Anyone actually using a screen shield right now? I saw some cheap ones on Amazon.

13. MartinS

14. oniongirl

oniongirl Well-Known Member

I was thinking of the invisibleShield too, if only for the screen protection side - I don't care too much if I get little scratches and nicks on the phone's body, gives it its own personal character :D

My friend got a full body one for her iPhone near when iPhones first came out, and I thought it left a strange mottled look to the phone, yet she was really gung-ho about it. I'm more tempted to go that way now because of the teflon-coated back... whose bright idea was that? I don't want my phone skidding around tables or out of my hand ;)

15. MartinS

They are hard to get on without bubbles and small folds. I had one for iPhone and it took a few tries peeling back off to get it to look OK. I also found that the smaller side and top bits peeled off after a while. Having said that I still think it's the best option if you want your Nexus One to look anything like it is supposed to and be protected.

16. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

exactly! i HATE cases... however i've been using the neoprene sleeve it came with - quite handy and still lets me use the phone in a "naked"* state - how it was intended to be used :D

* the phone, not me! :p

17. androidtx

androidtx Well-Known Member

The sleeve is already a dog toy, haha. It is too much of a pain, since I do a lot of quick checking for email and such, I like to be able to pull it out of my pocket and take a glance. If the notification light was on the top then the sleeve would make a bit more sense.

I used my G1 since it came out with no protection, yes there is a light scratch on the screen, and some scratches on the body, but it is in very good condition. Same with my iphone, it has a small scratch, but that was because I was dumb and put in in my pocket with my keys.

The only thing I would worry about is cracking the screen on the phone, but there is a place close by that does full screen/digitizer replacements in 10 minutes for around $150 if that ever happens.

18. turbosol16

turbosol16 Well-Known Member

Same here but mine wasn't intended to become that, luckily the phone was not inside. I wish they would offer to sell them as an accessory.

19. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

i stick my nexus in the sleeve "head" first... so can somewhat see the glowing ball for message notification... i also though of maybe taking a hole punch to make a dedicated hole for the trackball LED... :D

20. jthreads

jthreads Well-Known Member

Top one ;)

21. smitty24

smitty24 Well-Known Member

22. rookie1082

rookie1082 Well-Known Member

Like i posted earlier I will be using the BSE full body skin...

However now that I think about it, i'm afraid of the trackball messing up when sliding in and out of my pocket since it sticks out... Why couldn't it be optical?!?

23. Lexi

Lexi New Member

Is the TPU material sticky like silicon gel skin?
    Or does it offer just enough grip w/o the stickiness?

24. jodaboda

jodaboda Well-Known Member

This thing is a freakin' MIRROR outside... and I drive a convertible!

I'm getting the Boxwave anti-glare screen protector, and probably just use the neoprene case for general protection.

25. wmm

wmm Well-Known Member

What Boxwave screen protector? When I went to their site last night, they didn't list the Nexus One as a supported device. I've heard good things about Boxwave protectors for years but have never tried one, but I was thinking about doing so now.

Please share details about which protector you bought and your experiences with it on the N1. Thanks!