46.0%
  2. No, just testing, doing my part for devs

14.2%
  3. Not sure yet, experimenting

39.8%

Last Updated:

1. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member This Topic's Starter

..or are you experimenting but like 2.1 better in your device, or just testing for devs?

Advertisement
  2. bjf88

bjf88 Well-Known Member

I really really missed the Froyo perks when I moved back to 2.1. The smarter market, the "apps2sd", the added settings options (custom lockscreen message!)... I'm sticking with Kaos for now. I might even keep this one for more than a week! :D

3. Toolanddiemaker

Toolanddiemaker Well-Known Member

It seems like punkaos has been working on KaosFroyo at breakneck speeds lately. So I am along for the ride.

4. Shnuddy

Shnuddy Well-Known Member

That was kind of a hard one to answer because I'm really liking Froyo, it has all the things I need, but if it weren't for the matter of partition vs non-partitioned sd card I would probably play around more with other 2.1 ROMs.

5. srmccoy

srmccoy Well-Known Member

KaosFroyo is now at a stage where I feel that it's pretty much complete for everyday use. All the features work, and aside from a couple of minor bugs (which even official releases tend to have) there's nothing gamebreaking for me like there was in v24 (no camera, pandora issues, etc.).

6. Frisco

I'd completely forgotten about radio on this thing.. I don't use it, but it is popular and if it's fixed in 2.2 now we'll likely see a lot more interest in 2.2 and maybe even rooting in general..

..so many reasons to root. ;)

7. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I'm trying it out for a few days - we'll see how things go. It still feels more sluggish to me than my phone does running 2.1, but I'm ok with it anyway. I am running it with LauncherPro+, as I just prefer it to ADW, but perhaps I'll switch and see if ADW is better.

8. Frisco

Good point about the launchers. I stuck with ADW this time, uncharacteristically as I do use Launcher Pro on my default ROM.

The "hide notification bar" ("status bar") feature is available in both of those launchers, along with other tweaks in common; no need to add a launcher, as I see it.

9. Shnuddy

I loved KaosFroyo, especially now that the camera preview is working, but the one problem that I have is that Audible will not work correctly. It works fine on CynagenTazz (still V1 until the camera works). I need my Audible ;)

10. Frisco

11. srmccoy

srmccoy Well-Known Member

Pandora is hosed on 2.2 in general, because Google changed the way streaming audio is handled. I'm guessing he simply added the workaround that uses the old drivers. Could be wrong though.

12. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

... and now we have kaos.froyo v28 ...

13. Frisco

Yep:

CHANGELOG:

V28
    Fix Google Goggles
    Fix issue where Exchange sometimes receives a second blank email when sending.
    Added new 'Voice Actions' search app.

14. Shnuddy

It's still in beta, but getting close to general release. It is just for books and publications purchased from audible.com. I love it, been listening on Ipod for years, now I can listen on my Eris. It works great in 2.1, but I have some problems in some 2.2 ROMs. It won't find your library, force closes. I'm not sure why exactly. It works fine on V1 of CTazz.

15. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

I'm becoming a de facto full-time user.

The lack of compatibility w/ partitioned cards (Tazz series, or is that the same for Punk.Kaos Froyo ROMs, too?) tends to galvanize my laziness - too much of an effort to keep two SD cards (one partitioned, one unpartitioned) synchronized.

My initial plan was to just see how I liked it (I'm on Tazz V6) and if the Camera situation didn't improve, I would revert to a 2.1 ROM; but, I haven't gone back yet... and it is clear that progress is rapidly being made.

I'm guessing that within 2 weeks or so, I won't be looking back. The recent progress in Punk.Kaos ROMs looks really good...

OTOH, if I were to root Grandma's Eris today, I would probably put her on xtrSense or another 2.1 Sense ROM (to avoid constant hand-holding issues) - average folks tend to fall in love with what they are familiar with.

eu1

16. selvikin

selvikin Well-Known Member

Gonna try the new Kaos Froyo soon. If its as good as what I've been reading, I'll be keeping it cause I put Kangerade on my wife's phone last night, its pretty fun.

17. alk1

alk1 Well-Known Member

I was a bit hesitant at first, but now have settled on Cyanogen Taz V6 after trying Kaos. I love my phone again.
    The difference is amazing. I know there are still little problems and quirks but my phone is a phone again. Absolutely no problems with my phone now and boy am I happy.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

18. xAusTiN

xAusTiN Well-Known Member

What problems were you having with Kaos that Taz fixed?

19. eurotrash323

eurotrash323 Well-Known Member

Been on KFC v23 for about 3 weeks now.....no need to look back for me.

But I did just install v27, about 15 seconds before 28 showed up :p

20. padrone00

padrone00 Well-Known Member

I just moved to Kaos Froyo a couple of days ago and am slowly getting used to it. More of a battery drain, but I am also addicted to the live wallpapers. haha. I've been enjoying the beautiful widgets weather wallpaper.

I was on PlainJane before this and I flashed the BloatwareDelete.zip and it got rid of the junk. Can I flash that for Kaos to get rid of the same stuff? I know that they are completely different ROM's, so that is why i am asking first.

Thanks.

21. SJFlowerHorn

SJFlowerHorn Well-Known Member

Kaosfroyoftw!!!!

22. SJFlowerHorn

SJFlowerHorn Well-Known Member

do a nand backup and try it out as long as you backed up youl be able to restore right back to previous. if it works report back with success if not with failure. be a part of the learning process brotha :)

23. padrone00

padrone00 Well-Known Member

Gave it a whirl and no go. I guess I just need to find another way to get rid of that bloatware.

24. Praetorian

Praetorian Well-Known Member

I love xtr but I think I'll give Kaos a chance. Really curious to see how this will perform on my phone.

25. Familyguy1

Familyguy1 Well-Known Member

Just went from xtrRom 3.03 to Kaos V28...holy crap I love this rom!

I have a question for Kaos though: I am noticing that my Notifications bar is not showing up when I am on the home screen, yet when I go into any app or widget it shows up... any help?

@Praetorian: Kaos so far is performing so much better on my phone than xtr did.