• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Have You Permanently Moved On to Froyo?

Have You Permanently Moved On to Froyo?

• Total voters
Ill be changing to V30 shortly, the last 2 days, V29 has been laggy and unresponsive!! Hope this change will help! Would I have to wipe or is it fine just flashing this V30 over V29?

If I flash it over will I keep all the stuff I had on V29?

I wiped/flashed to 30 and it restored every app automatically (the ones that had "Automatic update" checked).

Upvote 0
Ill be changing to V30 shortly, the last 2 days, V29 has been laggy and unresponsive!! Hope this change will help! Would I have to wipe or is it fine just flashing this V30 over V29?

If I flash it over will I keep all the stuff I had on V29?

I flashed over V29 (doing just a Dalvik cache wipe; no factory reset wipe) and everything has been working perfectly well.

Upvote 0
Been on Kaos for over a week, and at this point I'm keeping it. V30 has been fantastic. No issues I can see for my usage. Great battery life, very good speed. Love all the tweaks that are possible.

Nice to see all that, especially the battery life, with a 2.2.

My experience was quite similar, the only thing drawing me back to 2.1 being the extraordinary speed of xtrROM 3.0.3.

Obviously Froyo ROMs on the Eris are ready for prime time. ;)

Upvote 0
Nice to see all that, especially the battery life, with a 2.2.

My experience was quite similar, the only thing drawing me back to 2.1 being the extraordinary speed of xtrROM 3.0.3.

Obviously Froyo ROMs on the Eris are ready for prime time. ;)

I wouldn't say fully ready form prime time yet, theres still a few minor issues that they are trying to work out (clicking the gallery from the camera app and going back causing a full lockup, IIRC) but it is damn close.

For me battery life is comparable to what I got with 2.1. but of course it all depends on what I am doing, When I used the Beautiful Live Weather LWP I probably would see about a 2-4 hour drop in total battery life. but still enough to get me through the day (14-20 hours)

I was thinking about upgrading from the Eris to the Droid X or Incredible due to space/speed etc. but this rom has got me second guessing that, and may get me to stay with the Eris. Granted I would love to capture at HD quality (since we have a baby girl on her way) that way I don't have to bring my digital camera or camcorder everywhere with us. But who knows, I have to wait until December anyway.

Upvote 0
..theres still a few minor issues that they are trying to work out (clicking the gallery from the camera app and going back causing a full lockup, IIRC)

I could not replicate that issue with Kaos v30, although I saw it posted around.

Back in v27 I remember the gallery being wiggy upon loading if changing to landscape while the screen was still busy, and the preview function of the camera being either non-existent or short-lived. ;)

After four days with v30 I came away with no bugs to list but only the comparative, slight sluggish feel next to my default ROM.

Upvote 0
I could not replicate that issue with Kaos v30, although I saw it posted around.

Back in v27 I remember the gallery being wiggy upon loading if changing to landscape while the screen was still busy, and the preview function of the camera being either non-existent or short-lived. ;)

After four days with v30 I came away with no bugs to list but only the comparative, slight sluggish feel next to my default ROM.

I don't use the stock camera app but Camera 360 so I have not recreated it either, in fact I love this ROM and have had almost 0 issues with it, The only thing I do have is an random reboot every day or so. Which is probably because I flashed 30 over 29, but oh well; I may, pending what my wife wants to do today do a clean wipe and re flash 30, but we will see.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones